Maternal & Child Community
12 weeks pregnant no heartbeat update

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

12 weeks pregnant no heartbeat update

i had my first u/s last week when i should have been 12 weeks but baby only measured 8 wks and no heartbeat was detected, well had 2nd u/s today and no change dr says baby possibly grew 1-2mm if that but cant be sure and still no hesrtbeat was found ive got to go back again next week and im so scared i just dont no what to think anymore im stuck in limbo im still praying that baby is fine but shouldn't a heartbeat be seen by now.i havent had any bleeding or pain so im hoping thats a good sign. how much should a baby have grown in a week. anyone else been in same situation who could advise me because i dont want to go through a d&c if theres a slight chance baby could still be ok
I'm so sorry. It's nerve wracking isn't it. I was in the same boat but I wasn't 12 weeks. I was just going into 9 weeks. Last ultrasound showed slow heart rate and they asked me to come in. this time....no heartbeat and little growth. I'm hoping you won't go thur this. I'm going into see about a D&C on Monday. Sending you all my good thoughts.
thanks for your reply. i really hope everything is fine but its not looking good even if my dates are wrong a heartbeat should still be visibleat 8-9 wks.thankyou for your good thoughts and im so sorry for what you are going through. i really hope everything turns out fine.goodluck and best wishes
Good Luck Sweetie. If you need someone to yell at just post away!!!
I'm so sorry your going through this. I m/c last november at 8.5 weeks. We saw the h/b one day and it was gone the next. I didn't want a d&c so I waited a week to m/c naturally and then I couldn't take it anymore knowing that I had an unviable pregnancy inside me so I opted for the d&c at 10.5 weeks. I was also really anxious to ttc again and we did conceive after 2 AFs and I have a 4 month dd right now. Hoping that everything works out for you and know that you have lots of support here on this forum. It really got me through my m/c.
lisa, me feel the same like you but not  totally exactly..i will share you what i feel so sorry and upset last 3 days...i am now in 6 month 5 day preg, every month i visited to doctor regulary and she said me is ok...but last week, i feel my fetal is not moving.. On other side, suprisingly, i am so healthy, not feeling uncomfortable, not having fever and eating as usual and moving very lightly, even i feel no headache...i can feel more comfortable than before ...but one thing is i did not feel my fetal movement so i went to doctor for checkup..she asked me to make ultrasound and CTG (means fetal heart beat..normal is between 140-160)..the doctor is too worry and said fetal movement is so important even hearing fetal heartbeat..she said me my baby can die in my worm if no movement. after hearing i feel shock so i quickly go to clinic...that time, the clinic is crowded ..first they draw (CTG for hearing fetal heartbeat ..they said it is too low around 90...as i said normal is 140-160) i feel really unhappy..but later they again test it and it reach to above 140..The reason is they wrongly measure my heart beat and my baby heart beat...so pls check your clinic to ensure that it is measured for your baby cos of the vein in our abomin (we & our baby) is very close...need to differentiate well...
ok...!!  and trust nothing happen for you and again trust you and your baby is in very good health too...
The same thing happened to me my first preg.  I went for my u/s at 8 weeks and the fetus was measuring really small with no h/b.  I didn't want to listen to the doctor so I told them I wanted another u/s the following week.  Unfortunately I never made it that far.  I started spotting a couple days later and then m/c a couple days after that.  That was my first preg and I never thought it would ever happen to me.  I honestly had no idea the m/c was such a common thing.   I still think about it all the time and I don't know I will ever get over it but I am now preg again and it makes it easier.  I am due almost exactly 1 yr to the date I lost that baby.  Unfortunetly it sounds like this may be your situation too.  I'm sorry, I don't want to crush you i just know that they told me if they see a fetus then they should see a h/b.    I really hope not.  Miracles do happen.   keep us posted  xxx