Maternal & Child Community
13 weeks pregnant and bleeding!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

13 weeks pregnant and bleeding!!!!

I went to the emergency room today because all of a sudden i felt something on my leg, and i was bleeding bright red. This is my second pregnancy and i have a 15 month old, so i have never had a miscarriage. They ran a bunch of tests, and did an u/s. They saw the baby and the heartbeat was good, but they couldnt tell me why i bled so much. They said it could have been a blood clot or from intercourse, but how so much blood from just sex?? THey said my cervix was a little "loose", but that it could go back to normal. I am extremely scared, because it was so all of a sudden, and i have seen my baby on u/s so many times, i dont want to lose it. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this???
I feel for you. I was in the ER yesterday for the same exact issue. I'm 9 weeks pregnant and started bleeding...not spotting...bleeding. I was told nothing was wrong with me either. THey did an u/s and the baby was fine. I had some blood work done. I too have another child at home and my pregnancy with him had no bleeding what so ever. I was pretty much told every pregnancy is different and that bleeding or spotting is common. At least 50% of pregnancys spot/bleed. As long as there is no cramping and you are not soaking through more than 1 pad an hour then you should be okay. But I know what you are going through and I know how awful it is. But as long as your baby looks okay and you are not cramping I'm sure you will be fine. Good luck to you!
When my sister-in-law was around 12-weeks pregnant with her second child, she was showering and suddenly found herself standing in a pool of bright red blood. Obviously she panicked and assumed she was miscarrying. She called 911 and ended up spending the day in the ER. The diagnosis? There wasn't one. The doctors couldn't find a reason for the blood (they suggested that it might've been a hematoma or a cyst outside the uterus, but they couldn't confirm anything), and they sent her home. Twenty-eight weeks later, she delivered a perfectly healthy, beautiful baby girl. I hope this helps!
I posted a similar Q about a week and half ago 'gush of blood at 15 weeks'. Same thing happened. I was at work and it felt like I kept peeing myself. When I went to the bathroom to go pee, there was so much blood it soaked thru my pants and started running down my legs. Driving to the ER, I started having cramps,and a LOT of pressure, almost like a pushing kind.

Bloodwork came back good, u/s was fine, cervix was closed. They said it could've been a pool of blood, or a hematoma that needed to work its way out. Also said it could've been a broken blood vessel. I will never know. I did have another bleeding spell 5 days later, when I went back to work (waitress). Baby's still ok, and I'm 17wks now. It took a week for the spotting/bleeding and cramping to stop, but I've been fine since. We haven't had sex for quite some time, as I have/had cervical erosion and it takes time to heal, so I know nothing like that caused it.

Try not to worry too much. You could rent a doppler (which I own one). It's nice to hear the hb whenever you start to worry,and it puts your mind at ease. Check out babybeat.com
I was 10 weeks pregrenant when i find out.Around my 12 week i was scheduled for my  first sonogram on a  friday.That same week i started to spot and my boyfriend and i  brushed it off as being normal b/c everybody said  that it normal.On Friday when i went for my sonogram i had started to bleed a little heavy but i still thought that it was normal.While getting my sonogram done the tech couldn't find my baby.I went to the er on to find out that i had a misscarriage.Im not trying to scare u but after going through what i went through i just want u to stay on ur doctors case and make sure that everything is normal.
Well i was in the ER for bleeding 3 times with this pregnancy...both times once at about 9 weeks and the other at 10 weeks which was due to an STD that my bf had got from his ex and which is a miracle i am still pregnant today...and the other time i was 18 weeks pregnant and there was no reason for the bleeding. I know it's sooo scary..I am now almost 3 days overdue for our baby-getting induced on the 12th...

I know it's terrifying when you see blood especially when it shouldnt be there but then again everyone is different i would express that i am worried and ask if there is anything they can do about ur cervix and whatnot...

best of luck
iam 13 weeks pregnant , i started cramping n bleeding i am very scare n dont know what to do i went to the doctor he said every thing is ok but still very worry cus i dont want to lose my babies,i had one miscarriage in the past n when ever i think about that i get very worry pls to those who out there pls pray for me cus i dont know what is happening to me again
God bless all of us and are unborn babys, I am 9 weeks pregnant and I went to see my doctor today an the u/s went perfect! When I left the doctors office I went to the store to pick up some things when I was in line to leave a gush of bleed came running dwn my paints I ran out the store so fast an got home an called my doctor he told me to bedrest the night an call if anything worse happens an if I'm still bleeding in the morning.. I am so upset an hope this will pass because I want this baby with all my heart! Keep me in all ur prayer everyone as I will for all.. Thanks for listening..
I'm 13 wks pregnant and went to the ER yesterday due to some little spotting. When I got there i got an u/s done and i was told by the Doc that there is no baby in the sac..all they can see was an empty sac filled with fluid...OMG i broke down and cry....but than the Doc says again that they could be wrong too...took blood test and it came back and says im still pregnant...did a exam by Doc and said i was bleeding a little bit but than it also seem as if i was having discharge of mucus....So they werent even sure of anything and told me since im seeing my regular doc soon than for my doc to re-scan me again cause they might of just missed the baby or so....but today im having cramps that comes in every 3 mins and lasting 5-10 sec....Has anyone had this experience before????   Try calling doc and nurses but no one has call me back!! I even call the ER and they just transfer me to a nurses line but again i just end up having to leave a mesg....HELP! what is wrong with me!!!