Maternal & Child Community
13DPO

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

13DPO

hello! i"m 13 DPO and i'm having some spotting which comes off and on.there is mild cramps with the spotting, but they are not like my regular cycle cramps.i never spot on and off before AF, so could the spotting be implantaion bleeding? i took a HPT just to see if maybe all the BD'ing worked, but it came out negative.Af should be here within a day or two, but i hope she won't show her face..lol
Also if this is implantation bleeding should i expect to see light red/pink/brown blood? oh and also since i'm at 13DPO when is a good time to test again?
any advice will help me out.thanks ladies!
It sould be implant bleed, but 13 DPO seems a bit late to me. Every woman is differnt though so maybe this is it.  You should be able to test again in about 2-3 days if AF hasn't arrived.  Hopefully this is it for you!
thanks for answering, so you are saying that it could be to late for it to be implant bleeding?or could it be to late to be pregnant?
Sorry about the typo.  Implantation usually occurs 5-10 DPO, so 13 days would be a bit late for implantation.  Having said that, I've read that some women have had an implantation bleed as late as 12 DPO. The bleeding should be very light pink or brown from what I understand.  Also, it would only be noticable when you wiped after going to the bthrm.  I would wait about 3 days and then take another HPT.  Good luck!
Implant bleeding usually happens between 6-10DPO.  13 is a little late.  Since a mojority of woman get AF on day 14 and you have had a BFN I would think AF is on her way. Spooting before AF is common.
Do you get spotting before AF?  I've been getting it for as long as we've been TTC.  I keep hearing different things as to why it's happening. (I haven't been on BCP for years, so it's not from that.)  Anyway, since you wrote that it's common I was just wondering what you knew about it.
Ohh Yes, I get one to two days of spotting before AF really arrives sometimes more. I've talked to my doctor and he sid it is common and a few of my girlfriends have the same thing. Your new cycle does not start until you get a full day of flow though.
I used to get 2 days but now it's more like 4.  One cycle I actually had it for 6 days.  It's making me crazy, but no one seems to concerned yet.  Thanks for your response.
I've heard that low progesterone can be one reason for spotting before AF.  Has anyone else heard that?  I have sometimes up to a week and a half of pink and/or brown spotting before AF.
With my last PG I had brown spotting when I wiped the day AF was due. I tested 4 days early and knew I was pg already but I definitely spotted on CD 34.
i had some creamy pink cm on days 5 thru 9 and i thought for sure i would get af but i got af instead.  harleygrl brought twoweekwait.com to our attention.  it was really good to see so many different symptoms and non symptoms that were finally a bfp!!! baby dust to you!
well i thank you all for the advice. i guess i will have to wait a couple more days to see if it is AF or not. it is only when i wipe, so i'm keeping that in good hopes.AF is not scheduled until friday, which means i might have calculated the wrong dates, so maybe there still is hope.not to mention i have had a dip in my temps for the past two days, i'm hoping they go back up.
I think you maybe having break though bleeding but you may be pg because I heard ppl spot also in early pregnancy.  Best thing to do is wait out a couple more days and see if AF shows up and if not take another test.  Good luck!
I'm not sure exactly when I ovulated with this pregnancy, but see if this helps. I have a normal 25 day cycle. My LMP was June 9. I think I ovulated around June 21 and had intercourse with DH that day. 25 days after LMP I had light pink/brown spotting just for that day (this happened with my first pregnancy as well) - we'll assume then it was implantation bleeding and that was about 14 days past ovulation (or at least 14 after we had sex). I had a postitive HPT 2 days later on July 6. I then started spotting light pink/brown again July 22-28. This would have been around the time of my period but not exactly and doc doesn't know why it happened. Everything's ok though - I'm 29 weeks now, expecting a girl.
Yes, I have heard that about low progesterone too.  I chart and my temps post-O are always WAY above the coverline.  I've seen samples of charts with women who have low progesterone and mine don't look like that.  I know you can't tell from a chart, but it makes me think that's probably not it.  When I googled premenstrual spotting I kept getting all of this stuff on endometriosos b/c apparently that's a common symptom.  Hopefully it's not that...
My temperature charts look normal too.  I have at least a .5 increase in temp. after O, way above my coverline.  My doc put me on progesterone suppositories 3 days after I O, but it completely messed up my cycles.
Hi. this is my first post, so things are a little akward. I am about 12 days past ovulation maybe 13 (screwed up my chart). Yesterday and today I have had light brown spotting. My cycle is due around Jan4th but as late as the 8th. What is confusing is that I already thought I was pregnant around Nov. because I did not have a cycle for the entire month of Dec. but it turned out to be anovulatory after I studied my chart a bit. I was waiting for my cycle to start so I got kind of got relaxed on my temps and was not paying much attention to my chart. The whole time I have been feeling like something was different. 3 days ago, I gave my chart a really good look and realized that there was a real temperature shift and hubby and I BD on the day of or day before (missed taking my temps. for 2days. The killer is I am having cramps like AF is coming but no bleeding or signs of it. It is kind of scary. Hubby and I want to be pregnant but I nervous because things happened so fast. The question is should I be worried? This is also the 14 month off of depo if that makes any difference. Please help!
I'm at 13 DPO and I have no HPT's to tempt me right now.  My temp is above the coverline and I've never had a luteal phase longer than 14 days, so I'm really anxious about what tomorrow will bring.  We really want a BFP and I have a doctor appointment tomorrow (it just happened coincidentally that the appointment is on 14 DPO).  I've had such long / annovulatory cycles that I think we may need a little assistance, unless we got lucky this time!  I've been off BCP for 1 year, and no luck, so I wanted to see if I need Clomid to help me ovulate.  No sign of AF, and I think I actually O'd this cycle because of a temp shift... Also yesterday and the day before I had the teeniest bit of light brown spotting / creamy CF.  That would be days 11 and 12.  It has now stopped.  Should I be optimistic?!  God I hope we're pregnant...
Md05,you are probably pregnant! I just got finished with my doctor's appointment yesterday and I am 3 weeks. My last cycle was anovualtory and it was kind of difficult for me to distinguish when I was ovulating (inexperience)but by the time i had a real temp. shift I was almost certainly pregnant. I took an HPT test 17dpo and it was a BFP! I was excited, nervous, elated, and scared all at the same time. Look back at your chart and see if you had a temp dip a few days before your spotting and if so that is a pretty clear sign that you implanted that day. My dillema was that I had no prior cycles to go on because I only had 2, which were the first two after 4 years of depo provera. Both of the cycle were estrogen breakthrough bleeding, which means no LP pattern, temp. shift, or ovualtion date to go by. So I got pregnant my first ovulation off of depo. Md05, ask your doctor to do blood work that checks your hormone levels, thyroid ect. If you are healthy and have no reproductive issues please try to avoid Clomid or any other fertility drug. This could actually delays your chances of preg (doctor's will not tell you this). So to answer your question whether you should be optimistic? Yes!!! But do not let it crush you if you are not. Eat healthy, keep charting, and plan romatic evenings with your hubby that are stress free. Just concentrate on feeling sexy and confident that you both have the keys to conception. Good Luck, girl!!!! Baby Dust to you :)