Maternal & Child Community
14DPO!!! Freaking out!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

14DPO!!! Freaking out!

Ok, so now I am 14dpo and I am scared to death to take an HPT!! My AF is due today, no signs yet, but it is still early in the day where I am. My temp was up this am and I have heard that your temp is supposed to drop right before AF. My normal temp is about 93.1-97.5 (usually low) and the last 2 days it has been  about 98.0-98.1. Is that triphasic? AHHHH I am going crazy. My cervix was low this am and now its high and soft. Any thoughts?

I took an HPT yesterday and got an BFN, and I just cant bring myself to take one today. Should I wait all day to see if AF shows up and then use FMU in the morning tommorrow if she doesnt?

Thanks, Good luck to all!!! We are all in this together!!
Higher temps with a rising cervix and no AF are all VERY good signs.  

You could definitely try an "early detection" hpt today; you don't have to use FMU.
I would wait and use FMU tomorrow.  Just to be on the safe side.

GOOD LUCK
BABY DUST!
Avatar n tn
Wouldn't a early detection test have shown up yesterday? I took a FRER but not with FMU. Thanks
I understand what you're saying, but not necessarily.  The detection level is 25 mIU on that brand.  If you were lower than that the test would be negative.

I've actually heard conflicting stories about First Response tests.  I personally don't buy that brand because of what I've heard.  I've had great luck with Answer brand.

Try again tomorrow, the hcg (if any) has had time to double.  Good luck and baby dust!!!!!!!!!!
Avatar n tn
GOOD LUCK TO YOU
Avatar n tn
Oh Ok, thanks! I have heard Clear Blue was good too. I am so scared I keep going to the bathroom because I keep feeling wetness(Sorry TMI) and think its AF but its just white. Thanks again, I will keep you all posted.
Avatar n tn
Avatar n tn
Did you get your AF yet?
I used EPT, FRER, and I have hread lots of good things about Clearblue digital.  Takes the guess work out of reading the lines!!  GOOD LUCK!
Avatar n tn
NO NOT YET... I HAVE NO SYMTOMS (symptoms) BUT NAUSEA JUST A LIL AFTER A COUPLE HOURS AFTER I EAT BUT I THINK IM PLAYING HEAD GAMES WITH MY SELF. iM PROBABLY GOING TO TEST TODAY OR TOMORROW.
Avatar n tn
Oh this time is soooo hard, I do the same thing and play all these head games and feel symptoms that I dont know if they are really there. Are you usually pretty regular with your cycles?
Avatar n tn
I CHECK TO SEE IF AF HAS ARRIVED TO =)
Avatar n tn
IM USUALLY PREDICTABLE. BUT THEY USED TO BE UNPREDICTABLE. SO I DONT KNOW
Avatar n tn
HOW CAN YOU TELL IF YOUR CERVIX IS HIGH???
Brynn--

I tried those early tests too and the all came out negative....  I was a week late and FINALLY saw a positive....went to the Doctor's to have it confirmed.  So, I don't trust those early detections!

Good luck!
Avatar n tn
hi ladie new here but i am with nicki1010 how do you tell if cervix is high low soft oe firm 10 dpo and hoping hoping hoping

anything would help to calm my nerves
Avatar n tn
my doctors office no longer does blood test they due a urine test but it still takes 24hr. they say it is just as accurate i might go in tonight or wait and go in in the morning to use my fmu
Avatar n tn
so i went and  checked and it feels low and firm and very wet     (sorry tmi) so what does that mean. i haven't been checking regulary. but it was very easy to reach.  thank you for the help.
I got early results with the normal ept test, so it might be one to consider.  Use fmu in the morning.  Good luck!
Avatar n tn
HMM THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN YOUR NOT PREGO. BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE IN TTC AND HOW MAY DAYS PAST O. WHEN YOUR PREGO THEY SAY IT SITS HIGHT AND SOFT YOU EVENTUALLY WONT BE ABLE TO REACH YOUR CERVIX
Avatar n tn
10 dpo i guess i will wait for af AGAIN and then have a margarita.  thanks for the help. maybe next month.  

i am sending happy thought to everyone
Avatar n tn
GIVE IT TIME YOUR STILL ONLY 10DPO =)
Avatar n tn
WELL I CHECKED MY CERVIX AT LUNCH. SINCE I NEVER HAVE BEFORE I DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT TO COMPARE IT TOO. IT IS VER SOFT BUT I THINK IT SITS LOW??? WHEN IS IT SUPPOSE TO SIT HIGH? I STILL HAVENT HAD A BFP YET BUT STILL NO AF. COULD I COMPLETELY MISSED IT AND ABOUT TO O AGAIN
Avatar n tn
SORRY I HAD A ? ABOVE FORGOT TO POST TO WHO SO IF ANY ONE HAS AN IDEA THAT CAN ANSWER MY ? THANKS
Avatar n tn
You need to stop stressing over the cervical position. It is one of the worst indicators of pregnancy. I worked 5 years in ob-gyn so I tell you this from experience.  Every woman is different some are pregnant and it is still low and firm where others it sits high and soft. In pregnancy it does move up but that differs per each women per pregnancy.   Also the more it is checked the more likely it will be poked too much and cause some light bleeding.

Leave the almighty cervix alone and wait until AF is late then take a pregnancy test.
Avatar n tn
I know i just want some answers i have taken two test and both bfn and af was suppose to arrive on sun she didnt show. i have not symptoms sio i have no idea whats going on
Avatar n tn
go to babyhopes.com it says everyone is totally diferent but it does tell you that soft is like your lips and firm is like the tip of your nose.   it helped me a little for when i ovulate next time .  hope it helps you
Avatar n tn
You can request a blood preg test for a definite answer. Or like me in prior months you may have a delayed period or a missed period. Are you sure you are ovulating? Do you take your temps?
I know how frustrating it is trying to get preggers, I went through months of trying and I am certainly not trying to burst your bubble but this month may not be the one.
Avatar n tn
no im not ovulating but im curious if im going to. thats what i a was afraid of that i just missed my period. i dont take my temps.i should but is it to late to try to take them now. i am going to call my dr. office tomorrow and actually try to get an appt after work.
Avatar n tn
There is no possibility of pregancy if you are not ovulating. It is also quite common to miss a period if there is no ovulation. a doctor can prescrbe provera to bring on a period and Clomid to bring on ovulation. When taking your temp it needs to be done on cycle day 1 which is the very first day of your period with actual flow spotting does not count.
Avatar n tn
ok well i will buy a kit if the blood test comes out neg. my story in a nut shell my oday was the 24th so we bm time i was suppose to start af sun i mon and tue with fmu. bfn i have cm but im not sure if i skipped my af or not just spectulating since i hadnt had a pos or an af... i also tried using opk but i didnt work for me i just checked when my cm until i saw ewcm.
Avatar n tn
WELL I POSTED CERVIX QUESTION. AND IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CHECKING YOUR CERVIX YOU REALLY WOULDNT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. BUT YOUR SUPPOSE TO HAVE CLEAN HANDS AND USE YOUR MIDDLE FINGER. THEY SAY ONE FOOT ON THE TOLIET IS THE BEST WAY AND YOUR CERVIX IS SUPPOSE TO SIT HIGH AND SOFT. I HOPE THAT HELPS
We're you pregnant?