15 mo old boy not walking yet
Michael is 15 mo today and a very fast crawler but he doesn't want to get on his feet to walk!  He just completely refuses to do so!  He doesn't even want to use a push toy or walk by holding hands... nothing!  If I make him, he takes a few steps and then bends his knees and get down on the floor to crawl!  He doesn't even want to stand unsupported. I tricked him one time and let him think I was supporting him with my arm while he was standing (while I was just touching him) and I realized he is able to stand unsupported.  He pulls himself up on everything and started even climbing, like the bottom shelf on the entairtenment center.  While he climbs, he is trying to grab something on the upper shelf, so I think he has some balance.  He's also able to climb 5 steps up the stairs and hardly ever loose his balance while doing these things.  He has been able to cruise along furniture and the bath tub for months now but I wouldn't say he is very fond of cruising either.  3 or 4 months ago he was also constantly stretching his legs and standing on his head, now he barely does it anymore!

Anybody has/had a child that refuses/ed to walk for this long?  Just to know if he's alright in other areas,  what are your 15 mo old doing?  
I'll see his ped today and I'm curious to know what he thinks.  

Thanks a lot!
All my kids walked at different times. I had one son refuse to walk too until he was between 15-18 months old. The doc was not concerned because he was meeting other milestones in other areas. He just was a faster crawler, plus he pointed and asked for things and found that his brother brought him toys he wanted and it was a much faster method. He was also a bit bigger of a baby which might have played a role in it. He's a teenager now and is very athletic so, unless your son is not meeting other developmental milestones, I wouldn't be super concerned.
i've heard that walkers are bad for kids who are learning to walk...but i'm convinced that is what got my daughter walking at 11months. She LOVED zooming around in her walker (much faster than crawling!!!) And so she'd start trying to zoom around (on her little feet) even when she wasn't in her walker!
A friends of mines daughter is 16 months and not walking.. she pulls up and will cruise occassionally but doesn't walk on her own at all.. Her dr said she isn't officially late till after 18 months.. also I don't kwow the size of your little'guy but my friends DD is HUGE.. she was born 9lb 13oz and at 16 months she is over 30 lbs...  The dr did tell her that big babies often take longer to walk...

There is also little boy at my son's daycare who just recently started walking and he is 16 months.. he is a little big but not HUGE... I think he just likes crawling ans scooting better..  

I agree with waitingwithhope, if he is reaching all his other milestones, I'm sure he is fine.. maybe he is just putting his energy into other interests..  
My son didn't walk until he was 18 months old...and neither did his physical therapist's daughter! All kids are different. Once they get to 20-24 months, then there is reason to be concerned.
Update. The 15 mo check up for Michael went okay yesterday.  The doctor was a little surprised he wasn't walking yet but he was also confident that he would have happened in a month or so.  He said that his leg muscles tone was okay and his posture while sitting and standing is good.  He just needs more confidence, so I need to make him walk behind     some type of push toy.  He thinks those help a lot.  He also said I could get him to do some physiotherapy if I want to help him walk sooner, but I'm not going to do that.
He told me to watch for progress; as long as he is progressing it will happen as soon as he's ready.  He is on track in all the other development milestones, a little advanced on the fine motor skill ones. He is bilingual so I think he's putting a lot of effort on getting both the languages he's esposed to.  And he is doing great on that part since he understands a great deal on both.  He only says Italian words, though :)

thanks a lot for your insights, I have really appreciated it!