Maternal & Child Community
15 weeks and not feeling pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

15 weeks and not feeling pregnant

Hi all,
I am 15 weeks and could not have had an easier pregnancy other than being tired.  I know my little one is grown, but I just feel like I have nothing inside me....I cant feel it, I dont have a hard stomach yet, just a belly that is rather large and jiggly.  I have not gained a bunch of weight but about 8 lbs.  I am just wanting to know if this is normal? I am starting to wear maternity pants and tops but I still dont have that hard stomach...I just look like I am gaining weight.  
When did people really start to show? When did your bellies get firm and round?  
Check out my post below under the title: Update on Positive OPK and HPT, about my hubby and me not having morning sickness. I started showing as soon as I found out I was pregnant.  But my stomach was not hard either.  When the baby starts moving around then your tummy will get hard, like from side to side. Then when they start running out of room your tummy will stay hard.  Mines hard all the time now (Im 33 weeks and 5days) and let me tell you I wish it wasnt.  I feel like my tummy could split open sometimes because its so hard.
I am also 15 weeks (as of today)! YAY!!  :-)  Anyway - I have somewhat of a belly and I also do not "feel" pregnant.  This scares me sometimes but I just think that if something were wrong then i would know it.  I actually am starting to look preggo.  This is baby #2 for me.  Is this your first pregnancy??  Maybe this is why you arent showing yet?   Good luck to you!  Im sure everything is ok.  When are you due BTW??
With my first I did not start to show until around 18-20 weeks, and even then it wasn't much.  Only when I wore one certain shirt could you REALLY tell that I was pg.  For first-time moms it usually takes longer to show, but by around 22-24 weeks you might be getting that firm tummy starting to poke out.
I remember the first baby, I just felt FAT and flabby.  The rolls were growing and jiggling and if you didn't know I was pregnant you would just think I looked like too many Ho-Ho's.  I hated that. I think around 5 mos. I started pointing (it was a boy so he was a basketball).  The next one I had to cover her up from about 3 mos (big sweaters) on since she popped (I have no stomach muscles) and made it hard to get grants in grad school (they were already disappointed with the first one).  Happily, I graduated (phd) when #1 was 2 y.o. and #2 was 8 months old (despite all the Deans and profs that rolled their eyes).  It is difficult now (at 9 weeks!) being extra blubbery already (even belly) and not being able to tell anyone ( 2 mc's in 6 months makes us reluctant). I know the people at work are suspecting, if not a baby, some sort of food addiction. Oh well they'll have to wait.
That's very normal for 15 weeks. I am now 35 weeks, but I remember back at 15 I thought the same thing. My weight gain was very slow until about 20 weeks, then it started the 1 pound per week. Also, your at an in between stage, your probably not sick anymore, but also not quite feeling the baby move yet either. I felt really normal for a while in there, I didn't really feel pregnant. Don't worry, this is normal. If you are too worried, call your doctor, they usually will let you come in to hear the heartbeat if you need to.
I remember when I was pg both times--my boobs never changed until my milk came in-staye dthe sames size and was able to stay in my normal clothes until 19 weeks.  As long as you feel fine and there are no problems--don't rush the maternity clothes thing-you wil be very tired of wearing by the end. I was also very lucky never to have morning sickness--so count your blessing if you are feeling well.
I felt strange between 12- about 20 weeks b/c I felt soooo much better than the first trimester.  I hardly feel pregnant during this time.  And didnt feel the baby, etc.  Once you feel the baby moving, you will feel pregnant.  Its an awkward stage, i know.
Also, remember that pregnancy is a normal human condition.  Despite our eagerness (bordering sometimes on desperation) to get there, it really is just a part of life, not the be-all and end-all of every single moment of existence.  It is not unusual to forget while doing something else that you even ARE pregnant.  [At least until you are dragging around an extra 20 pounds of tummy (LOL).]  So don't be too surprised, and try not to be disappointed, if you aren't finding every moment unique.  You had a life before pregnancy, and it's the very same life, with the same activities and same concerns, so sometimes it will be exactly as it was before.  This doesn't mean you aren't pregnant, it just means you are a whole person with a whole life some of which doesn't revolve around being pregnant.  All the best!!!!!  Annie
Stephd,
I am due March 14th.  I cant wait.  It seems so far away from now and I just want to meet this precious little one.  We are hoping to find out the sex next week.
i'm 12 weeks and the reason i came to this site is because i feel the same way.i'm just  tired all of the time but not showing yet and this is my 3rd time being pregnant. i guess i'll have to wait a few more weeks. honestly, i can't remember with my other two children when i start showing. good luck
i am 20 weeks pregnant now and dont feel pregnant at all. im not that much bigger and what is bigger is more like flabby and not hard.  im freaking out could i have lost the baby and not known it? when will i feel pregnant?
Im 15 weeks and 5 days pregnant and i dont feel pregant either. :-/ But some people i have talked to tell me that they didnt start showing until about 18 to 20 weeks. So i hope ill be showin by then, I find out my babys gender this month o n the 31st I cant wait!!
Hi All
I'm 15 weeks and logged onto this site because I also don't feel pregnant. But then again this is my first pregnancy and don't really know how I should be feeling. I have an Ultrasound coming up this week Wednesday and can't wait to see my baby. I had one at 10 weeks 5 days and was able to see baby and a heartbeat. Just wanted to say thanks for all the reassuring posts I've been able to read and knowing there are other ladies out there feeling just the same as me. Good luck to all the preggie ladies out there. xxx Dale
it's not atall abnormal to not to feel pregnant at 15 weeks....I'm currently 28 weeks and i still remember my 20th week....i cudn't feel the movements and didn't show much....i was freaking out as well....i cud see the baby move in the scan but cudn't feel anything....but suddenly from 22nd week i started feeling her all the time and also started showing...it just happened suddenly!!! lol....i guess it's supposed to happen that way and not how the books and websites describe it.....and also i still dnt have a popped out belly button as they say preg women shud have at 20 weeks!
Hi All
I went for my scan at 16 weeks and all is well! Sleeping baby but a strong little heart beat. Can't wait to start feeling movement in the next few weeks. We are going to take my mom with to the next scan so she can sneak a peak at her grandchild. She is so excited as it is her first one. Good luck to all.
xxx Dale
im not too sure whether im pregnant or not :/
although having most symptoms, e/g weight gain, nausea, sickness, stomach looking more round, feeling more flabby than hard, im still having my "periods" which my friends say is still possible, and they're even noticing my stomach now, so im a little worried about all this :/
if it was that i'm pregnant, i'd be somewhere between 12-16 weeks..
im too scared to go find out from a doctor though.
home tests say negative but apparently they check for a certain percentage of the HCG hormone.. eek.
good luck with your pregnancy though, and i hope all goes well for you.
xxxx
you should be testing pos on a hpt by now...besifdes you are still having your period..yes it could happen but rarely...it might be something else thats wrong if you are soooo worried see a doc...but good luck
I was about to say that I miss the days when I didn't feel pregnant but really was.  I am now 28 weeks with twin boys and feel nothing but pregnant!!  :)  However I wouldn't change that feeling of getting kicked to death from the inside out and my bladder being pounded on like a drum.  Hang in there - it will all happen soon enough!!  Good luck.
i need to know how you feel  now i feel like you eevrything happening like im pregnant but urine test said negative my breasts hurting and all tummy full of flesh and fatty i dont know what to do i cant be pg now my baby is only two am scared to go to the doctor to find out what do you think can be wrong.
KELLY: TWIN BOYS!! WHAT A BLESSING!! I WAS HOPING FOR TWIN BOYS, KIND OF LIKE A 2 FOR 1 SPECIAL, LOL. I AM HAVING ONE BOY BUT IT IS THE MOST EXCITING THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME. ANYWAYS, GETTING OFF SUBJECT...

pdxfirstpregnancy:
I AM 26 WEEKS. WHEN I WAS 15 WEEKS, I WAS SHOWING A LITTLE BIT BUT NEVER FELT A HARD BELLY. AND OF COURSE ITS TOO SOON TO FEEL MOVEMENT. GIVE IT A COUPLE MORE WEEKS. I PROMISE YOU WILL FEEL PREGNANT. I KNOW A COUPLE WEEKS FEELS LIKE FOREVER. TRY TO DO THINGS TO TAKE YOUR MIND OFF OF IT.  GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS!! ITS TRUELY A BLESSING BUT A SCAREY THING TO BE PREGNANT.
hi everyone hope all is well. I guess I just need some assurance I am 7 weeks pregnant and I don't feel pregnant in the begining around 5 weeks my breast were tender that is how I knew I was pregnant but now they have gotten fuller i noticed I always delt with alot of gas and gas pain now I don't feel it as much and my breast don't hurt as much I don't have any bleeding or spotting so I guess that is a good thing but I am just really concerned can someone give me some words of encouragement I go and take my first ultrasound on june 16th
im 15 weeks pregnant and its my 1st i sometimes feel i look pregnant and at other times i dont and my stomuch just feels jiggly even when i feel i do. i havent felt the baby move either yet.im just hoping everything is fine and fingers crossed. ive had no bleeding but just the occasional cramps and my breast are tender now and then. good luck 2 every1.
I feel the same way too...i am 15 weeks preg...someday i feel pregnant and the other day not...its scares me sometimes and yes...few pains have started aroeund this week too..is it normal...i am worried

may god bless everyone
Hi all. I am 15 weeks and 4 days and I too don't feel pregnant. This worries me. This is my first pregnancy and I am not sure how I should be feeling.
Some words of advice would be much appreciated.
Jo x
I'm fifteen weeks and three days pregnant and I'm suddenly not feeling pregnant. I had been feeling stretching pains at night and tossing and turning but recently not so much. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow so it could not have come soon enough. I was going to say though that I started a prenatal yoga class last Sunday and it really helped me realign my outlook on pregnancy. Before I was just "terrified about all the things that can go wrong", now I am more at ease, and confident about my body doing what it needs to be doing, though I may not be feeling what is going on:) This is my first baby and for all you new mothers out there you should really look into a prenatal yoga class in your area. I learned sooooooo much from just the first visit!!! About my growing baby, how to safely be stretching, improving breathing (yikes I obviously needed some help) , safely working out, meeting other mothers at different stages of pregnancy and hearing about their experiences, and how to relax and let go.
I am having my 1st baby also, I am also 15 weeks. I don't feel pregnant at all. I have no MS, my breast are getting huge and tender but that's it, my sense aren't highten, I just don't feel anything inside of me. I am getting bigger but I worry everyday if the baby is still there, is the baby ok, what if something is wrong and I don't know it. I'm so nervous, I go to the bathroom to make sure I'm not bleeding (sign of miscarriage) every time I use the bathroom or when I just have that "feeling". My boyfriend said I'm worrying myself to death but I just can't help it.
Hi all I'm 15 weeks pregnant and I still don't feel pregnant I had a 6 pound weight gain since the first trimester, and all it has been is flabby belly, I can't belive this is the fourth child for me and I am still baffled by what changes your body goes through and how every pregnancy is different, My first child I didnt show much until 20 weeks my 2nd and 3rd i showed right away, and now this one is different once again its amazing.
i'm 15 weeks and 4 days im super round but i don't have a hard belly either.. i don't feel any different other then the little belly! no morning sickness no cravings... i'm glad to know that this is normal i've heard you can start feeling the baby move by 18 weeks...is this true??