Maternal & Child Community
15 weeks and still tired....when will this end?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I thought that most early pregnancy symptoms ended when the first trimester ended. I am 15 weeks and I am still suffering from extreme tiredness. I often take a nap in the afternoon when I put my 2 year old down for a nap. I seem to feel most tired on days when I really don't do much of anything, w/ very little running around. It seems by mid afternoon, I'm dead, and I don't do much of anything for the rest of the day until bed time. I thought I would soon be experiencing that burst of energy that everyone says comes w/ the second trimester..I felt so great w/ dd  at months 4-7. IS anyone else still tired, when can I expect it to subside, or should I not expect it to subside? thanks!
I had a short spurt of energy between maybe 20 and 24 weeks?  But I'm 29 weeks now and get VERY exhausted.  It'll all depend.  Don't worry, its all part of the joy of being prego!
i agree with nikki!!! i felt great a few weeks ago...now at 27 weeks i am SO tired again - all the time!!!  i don't sleep all night cause all i do is pee...and then i've got to get up in the morning to go to work. i can't wait until the baby gets here ~ i figure then i'll be getting up all night...but at least i can try to nap during the day when she naps~!!
I am 14 weeks and I still get tired sometimes. It is getting better though. The evening is hard for me. I have all of the ambitions to do things with my husband when I get home from work but as soon as I walk in the door I am like dead tired. The mornings are better for me which is so weird because I am definitely NOT a morning person.

Hang in there. It will get better. :-)
I am almost done with 18 weeks and close to 19 weeks.  I'm still always tired.  I don't think it ever really goes away.  Who knows, some days I feel great, some days I'm exhausted.  Go figure.
it doesnt go away! I am almost 28 weeks and am exhausted!! I find myself going to bed at like 8 because Im so tired.
bops i am more tired when i dont do much. if i am working or out running around i feel better. if i am at home doing nothing ill nap. chasing after a 2 year old and the fact its your second child will alone make you more tired. you enjoy your naps!! im fighting taking one right now, but i have to venture back to work in a bit.
I'm 24wks and I think thats ****. The tiredness hardly ever goes away. I had like 2 days during wk 16 or 17 when I felt good then it was all down hill and I sleep a lot now. However I would say something to your doctor so they can double check your iron lvls and make sure you didn't develop anemia(very common in pregnancy). If your irons not low then it's the pregnancy.... Look at it this way enjoy the naps while you can get them in, before you have a newborn. :)
Thanks all, I guess I should consider myself lucky to still have a 2 year old that naps! Hopefully my next baby will follow suit!
I agree with pertykitty completely.  I felt great with my first baby once the m/s stopped around 20 weeks and felt great past my due date, even though he was big and I could barely walk that last week, I did not nap during my pregnancy and was full of energy.  With baby #2 I was beat.  I dragged myself out of bed every morning and by the time I dropped my son off and headed to work I felt like I could not keep my eyes open.   I would work all day and be so exhausted by the time we got home I would fall asleep on the couch, a few times before dinner, depending on my day.  On my days off too I was so tired running after my 3 yr old, who won't nap.  It's because you have more going on.  Try to rest with your little one, I would curl up with my son and watch a movie, I would sleep and he was content snuggling and watching a movie.