Maternal & Child Community
15 weeks preggers and tylenol

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

15 weeks preggers and tylenol

Im around 15 weeks. And I have been taking 6-10 extra strength tylenol a day.
Is this harmful to the baby?
Hi!
As such acetaminophen or Tylenol is safe in pregnancy. However, no drug is absolutely safe in pregnancy and repeated use of any drug or using high strength or multiple use of a drug during the day is not advisable in pregnancy. I am not sure why you are taking this. Please get the cause of your pain investigated. But yes, of all the pain medications you can take during pregnancy, Tylenol is the safest. Please inform your Obs and Gyn regarding this. Look for alternative treatments for pain such as physiotherapy etc. Try and reduce the number of pills you are taking. Hope this helps. Take care!