Maternal & Child Community
16 days after mc. positve pregnancy test. Could i be pregnant again?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

on 4/24/12 I had a miscarriage at 11wks pg. On 4/30/12 my hcg levels dropped to 3,545.0 mIU. My husband and I, in spite of what our doctor suggested we continued having sex with out protection about 7 days later. Yesterday (5/10/12) I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive with in 10 seconds and the lines was strong/dark. Could I be pregnant again or is it left over hcg levels. I know every woman's body is different. By now shouldn't my hcg levels be zero, since it dropped so fast to 3,545 within 6 days after my miscarriage. Just Curious but will see my doctor.  
Tags: after mc, positve pregnancy test, pregancy, could i be pregnant again?, hcg levels, 11 wks, b100, Finance & Accountingd i be, Miscarriage, miscarriage at 11 wks
No, it does not necessarily drop like a rock in only a couple of weeks.  If you had some retained placental tissue, it could even give you a reading for a couple of months.  (When I miscarried twins, a little dab of tissue remained and gave me readings for three months until the doctor did a D&C and removed it.)  I am sorry for your loss.  If you are hoping it is a new pregnancy, there is nothing wrong with going to the doc for a new hCG reading.