Maternal & Child Community
16 weeks pregnant and scared

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

16 weeks pregnant and scared

I am 16 weeks pregnant and scared to death.  This is my second pregnancy, my first one ended around six weeks.  I am so scared about having another miscarriage even though so far everything has been fine.  Please offer any help to get through this difficult time when I should be so happy.  I am very happy but I am so scared at the same time.  Please share any similar stories that turned out well!  Thanks!
So sorry you feel that way.  I had a healthy pregnancy with my first...beautiful 2 yr old daughter and now 3 m/c in a row this year.

You need to keep in mind how early you were with your m/c.  I had 2 of them this year (at 6 weeks) and my dr didn't consider them to have implanted therefore it wasn't so scary that something was wrong with them or me.

The last pregnancy was scary but again I only made it to 8 weeks....

Sometimes that early...it's just luck.  

You made it to 16 weeks...that is so wonderful!!!!  Your little peanut is strong and healthy until you are told otherwise...don't worry.  I know easier said than done but I'm praying for you.

GOD BLESS YOU AND GIVE YOU PEACE IN YOUR HEART.  WE ARE ALL HEAR FOR YOU THROUGHOUT THE REMAINING WEEKS.
I am 17 weeks and even get scared when I sneeze that I am hurting the baby.  I think we are traumatized by our other losses which prevents us from just relaxing and enjoying our pregnancies.  16 weeks is very far along and with no problems you sound like you are in excellent condition with a healhty baby.  I will not fully enjoy being happy over this love bug until I hold him or her in my arms and count his or her fingers and toes myself :)  I am still so scared.  Congrats and Good Luck!
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement.  It is so nice to know I am not the only one that feels scared.  You are all in my prayers.
Try to relax, enjoy this pregnancy, you have made it through the first trimester so things look good.

Soon you will have your healthy baby in your arms.

Prayers to you.

c
Hi, I think a lot of us can identify with you.  I'm 17 weeks and still worry.  It's natural.  We're mommies, that's what we do.  But I think if you've made it this far, and everything has been ok, you should consider yourself blessed!  Try not to stress out. I know it's easier said then done.  But I bet your worrying for nothing.  We always will.  Good luck and try to relax.
there are so many of us that are in the same boat.  I lost a baby at 15 weeks (that pregnancy was full of complications, don't worry about you) and now am 23 weeks and still freaked out.  Still checking the TP and worried all the time.  I can't say I will stop worring until I have her in my arms and then we worry about all the other things then.....You are doing great and I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.
I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks and I am now 20 weeks with this one. I admit, I check the tp whenever I go to the bathroom still... I had a normal amnio and I feel him moving a lot now but the fear is still in the back ground.

Try talking to yourself that this is a healthy pregnancy and everything is fine. As common as M/C is, a second one is far less common. You are also out of your 1st trimester. You will be fine

Best wishes to you and your healthy baby!!
I am now 19 wks, and i felt the same way, after two losses this last year (and no previous childern) one at 5wks and one at 6wks.  I was so neg, not wanting to get attached this time around.  Well, we made it past 6wks, then 12wks, then 16wks (when I finally heard the heartbeat), and then I was even scared at 18wks didn't know if the ultrasound would show serious health problems.  All is well, and I feel, her moving around.  You get so much more attached and feel so much more relaxed when everything on the ultrasound comes out perfect.  There are still chances that something could go wrong, but for now I am content, I am finally starting to enjoy my pregnancy and letting myself get attached to little Hannah, who right now I feel moving around. lol  Good luck.
The Odds are in your favor, especially this far along, my doc said that you only have a 2% chance of miscarriage after 12 wks and the percentage decreases the further you are along.....hope that comforts.....i am sure you will be just fine! good luck and god bless!
im 16 weeks pregnant and feel that this is the best thing thats ever happend to me i wouldnt no what to do if i had a m/c youve just got to not stress be possitive were all fine jus dont stress  xx
hi my names katie and i am 16, this is my first pregnancy and i am so scared of loosing my baby boy its untrue. i am 22 weeks pregnant and i know people say its highly unlikly that you will have a miscarrige especialy being so young and healthy and also because its past the 12 week mark. my advice is try and be happy about the pregnancy i had serious problams at the begaining and kept having nightmares, but its normal to feel like that because its your child at the end of the day. if your really worried speak to your doctor and maybe he or she will be able to put your mind at ease. x