Maternal & Child Community
16 weeks pregnant with pretty bad pelvic pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

16 weeks pregnant with pretty bad pelvic pain

Hi all, I posted this also in the pregnancy 18-34 community, but it's not often I get any responses, so I figured I'd try over here too.  

I will be 16 weeks on Tuesday, and I have an appointment and scan scheduled.  Yesterday I spoke to the on-call Dr. because I was having pain in my pelvis I haven't felt before.  It felt like my whole lower pelvis was bruised, and it was very tender if I put any pressure on it.  It felt better if I kept my knees up to my chest.  The Dr. told me it sounds like gas pains and not a big deal, so I went through the day with it hoping I would feel better today.  That didn't happen, and today it's a similar pain but a little different.  I have most of the pain on my right side, but when I move at all it moves across the front of my pelvis and I get the bruised feeling.  I can't walk up or down stairs, and I'm pretty worried.  It's constant, I've had it continuously since yesterday.  I am not constipated at all, and it doesn't feel anything like gas pains to me.  Has anybody else felt any pains like this? She kind of made me feel stupid for calling, so I don't know if I should call tomorrow or just wait until my appointment.  Any ideas what the pain could be, or what it sounds like?