Maternal & Child Community
17 weeks 6 days and ALWAYS Tired.. Why?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

17 weeks 6 days and ALWAYS Tired.. Why?

I'm rather concerned about how tired I've been for the last 2 weeks or so.  I know my iron is okay (according to the WIC office Friday), so I am not anemic or anything.  I can't seem to sleep enough and I'm always tired; even though I get about 12 hours total between naps and my night sleep.  

I go back to work in a week, and I'm worried all I will do then is work and sleep and still be tired.  I mean I slept a lot in the first few weeks, but I thought that was supposed to be over now.  Is this normal?  Is there something I'm missing or something I should be doing?  I feel like I have to force myself to stay awake.
I am 26 weeks and am still tired a lot.  I try to take little naps when I have time between work and school which seems to help some.  It just depends on each person how they feel.  I just try to relax more and it seems to help.
Im 17 weeks and tired all the time too.  I go to bed around 11pm, sleep until 8am and then I always nap in the afternoon when my 2 year old naps.  I was saying today how awfully tired Ive been lately.  I was the same way with my other children but I worked full time with them so I guess I never noticed it as much.  Im home now so Im not as busy.  I think the baby is growing alot to right now so that might have something to do with it.
i'm 20 weeks tomorrow, and get very tired too. But i always seem to be most tired on weekends when i am home. I find that work and the routines associated with it keep me much more alert. i'm completely useless when at home. maybe you'll be the same? i do have to go to bed much earlier than i used to, but at least i make it through the day with energy.
Don't be too hard on yourself.  Remember that you have been through a lot lately with the surgery and all.  Also....you are busy creating!  Blessings.
your body is manufacturing a baby!! of course you are going to be very tired!!
are you making sure that you are getting enough B vitamins? magnesium? calcium?

please!! its only natural that you are so tired!! you heart is pumping alot more.. and stronger... your kidneys are working overtime.. and wow.. your digestive tract is doing double shifts.. not to mention the fact that your ENTIRE body is changing.. and doing double time for you.. and for your baby.

its frustrating i know.. i get so tired i get scared..lol.. maybe you are doing too much.. and your body is telling you to SLOW DOWN!!  try and take more naps.......... go easy on your body.. its the only one you have..

we women i think try to do the very same things we did when we werent pregnant.. and i think it starts to catch up with us all.. it did that for me around 19 weeks.. man. i was sooo tired... i slowed down.. and things got better...
I hope that everything turns out great.. !!!
god bless