Maternal & Child Community
17 weeks pregnant and not showing.....when will I?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 17 weeks pregnant and have not started showing. Too be honest I just looked bloated.  I am 5'8 and just wondering when others started to show?
yeah it really depends on how big you are. i am one of the bigger girls and didn't really show until i was 36weeks  and by the time i was 40 weeks it just looked like i was chubbier... so it all depends on your body style
Are you really small?? My best friend is pregnant and she didn't start to show til almost 20  weeks. Now, with a little over 4 wks to go, she looks like she has a basketball stuck up her shirt. She's still really tiny though.
I am 4'10, and have only gained 4 lbs at 15w, however, I look like I have gained 15!!! I don't know why, it's nuts! I tell people I am 4 months, they look at me like I should be 6 or 7.
I didn't start showing until I was 16/17 weeks pregnant.  I felt as if I blew up overnight.
When I was pregnant with my daughter I weighed 118 but then that changed rather quickly I started to show at 3 months.  I have a friend though she is tall and thin she never showed even at 9 months.
I am thin, 5'3" and a size 6-8, and I show almost immediately.  Im in maternity clothes by the time I am 12 weeks.  I have a friend who is also thin and she doesnt show till shes about 30 weeks.  So, I guess it is really just a matter of physiology.
I'm short and about average, but have a flat tummy and didn't show with my first till 7 months either.  My second pregnancy I was showing at 9 weeks, but m/c at 11 due to blighted ovum.  Now I'm just shy of 6 weeks, and just a little bloated.  Just depends on the person and their body.
When I was PG with my DD I didn't start to show till about 18-19weeks, at 30weeks I was still very small. Now with this PG at 11 weeks I look like I did at 18 weeks!
I am "normal" size I guess...I started out at 128 and now weigh about 134...just wanting to "look" pregnant.  Too funny never have I ever wanted to look bigger :)
I'm 24 weeks and though it's obvious to me, I'm still not really showing.  I can still hide it pretty easily with a loose fitting T-shirt.
I am 5'3" too and Sz oops I do not know,(In my country I am a 'M" Sz). At 17 weeks now I show pretty well and I Love it !!!
I didn't show until I was 7 months with my first!
with my 1st pregnancy, I was showing by 15 wks, at 25 wks people on the street would say, oh you're ready to have your baby anytime now.
with 2nd pregnancy I was 9 wks and in maternity clothes.  I'm 5 ft and before pregnancy I was 104 lbs.  Put on 35 lbs with
1st one and 17 with 2nd.   I now weigh 129 and no matter what i do I can't lose weight.
I think it has a lot to do with the length of your torso. If your's is short, the baby has less room and you tend to "pop" earlier than if your torso is long and the baby can just grown vertically inside your belly. I don't think there's any proof to back up my theory, just a hunch because I start showing really early in all 3 of my pregnancies and I have long legs and a very short torso.
My friend did not start to show until she was 5 months pregnant which would be about 20 weeks.  She just looked like she drank too much beer the night before.  Then all the sudden.  WHAM you could tell she was pregnant!
I'm in my 17th week too and not showing very much. Around 12-13 weeks I was really really bloated and looked more pregnant than I do now! All I have is a small upslope from pubic area and small belly hardness. With a loose shirt I don't look pregnant at all, and I'm still waiting to show too. My mom says a small belly means a boy and she thinks I'm having a boy-- should know next week!
Hey i will be 18 weeks tomorrow and still wear all my regular clothes.. i have belly hardness but no BUMP!  I can tell i am pg.. and since i am heavier i guess the extra fluff gets in the way.. !!! I CANT WAIT TO LOOK PG!! haha.. almost halfway there!
When I was pregnant...I am 5'8" I didn't start showing until a lot later on.  I was still in my regular clothes up until I was almost 6 months.  I had a bump but it didn't start sticking out until after 6 months.
Don't feel bad I'm also 17 weeks and I just look like I have a tummy. I'm 5'5 and I weigh 229, so I'm a bit heavy. But I don't look pregnant either. It's my first too so I'm just as anxious as you. Be patient:-)
I am 16 weeks pregnant with my second child and still not showing, i know theres probobly nothing to worry about but i can't help it. I can't remember when i started to show with my first and hope this time i'll start to show soon.
hello im new to this but im just wondering if anyone can plzz comment. I'm 17wks p/g with first and notshowing just look beloated, had a m/c 10/05 @ 9wks and soo anxious about this p/g. How do i stop worrying.
Im now 18 wk 3 days and my last comment explained i wasn't showing 2 wks on and i'm finding it hard to hide the bump, it's surprising how fast its just come out. Don't worry to everyone one moment you'll be wondering why you havn't begun showing and the next you'll be wondering how to hide it hehe. Good luck!
I am 7 wks and I dont care, Im using maternity clothes. I am showing a little bit and that is only because of the mat. clothes.  Just enjoy your preg and RELAX! you will show eventually.
I am 5'11 I don't show at all at 17 weeks. Long everything.
my situation is funny I am 17 weeks with my third child and with my first 2 ( both boys) i was massive by now, With this one i just look bloated and its mostly my boobies that have grown, looking forward to looking pregnant coz atm i just look like ive had far too many big weekends!! So I think not only every body is different but every pregnancy can vary as well!!
I'm 12 weeks pregnant and I just look like I've two too many beers...but I was always toned and I worked out alot, so my tummy wasn't ever flabby or bulging.  So that's why I can tell a difference but to others they just think I need to start hitting the gym a little harder =)
All these comments made me feel a little better, I am 16 weeks pregnant and thought I should be showing by now.  I am a little heavier than most...  5'5 and 179 lbs.  I guess that makes a difference too.  But reading all the comments about 18 weeks and popping out overnight make me feel better.  My other concern is that I have not gained any weight.  In fact I lost 5 lbs.  Is this normal?
i'm about 5'5'' and i weight close to 210 lbs but believe it or not I dont look it; many ppl tell me i hold my weight well. I've always had a little gut and it doesnt realy seem like im showing much at all. I do notice that my gut is harder and it looks a wee-bit bigger but I think I should be showing more at 17 weeks.. Is that normal?
Congrats - enjoy this time mom-to-be! In a few weeks you're going to have that belly. When you're closer to due date and no clothes fit, you'll miss this. It's totally normal to not show much the first weeks. My tummy popped out like a pop-corn after 19 weeks. Oh how I tried to show off my proud belly but sigh. The breasts grew though lol. (That was something else I was incredibly proud of - I don't normally have anything...).
The one who waits patiently, never wait too long - and there will be end results of this!!! :)

Florena
I am 18 weeks i am 5"4 i weighed 182 prepregnancy now i weigh 164 im not showing and my boobs are smaller now than before i was pregnant i was wearing a 38c now im in a 38b.. it sucks
I am 5"0 i weigh 107 and 17 weeks pregnant. I am still not showing at all.
I'll be 15 weeks pregnant on Sunday and I'm barely showing.  I'm 5'3'' and started around 104lbs and now weigh 114lbs.  I don't fit into any dress pants only a few pairs of jeans I've had, my waist has definetley thickend along with my thighs and booty.  I feel like I start to show more as the day progresses, does anyone else feel this way or am I crazy????
Hi All,

My prorblem is that i have recenlty found out i am 5 weeks pregnant but i am getting married on the 14th June so i figured out ill be 15-17 weeks and i am just praying and hoping to god that i dont show by this time as i ahve already bought my wedding dress so i am a little stressed lol, but happy

Angie
I started showing and had to wear maternity clothes at 12 weeks. It was my first pregnancy but none of my clothes fit from 12 weeks on. I started out at about 150 lbs. and gained 64 during my pregnancy. My daughter is now almost 11 months old and I have lost all but 10 lbs. Good luck to you! :)  By the time I was 17 weeks pregnant I looked much farther along than I actually was.
Girl, i am 17weeks today and sometimes i show and sometimes i dont. lately i have been having more days that i show then not. a lot of people say that i just popped out on day too and i notice it. i can only wear my really big clothes or hip huggers :) i am 5'9 and i started weighing about 150, im already at 161 if not more by now. I have been steadily eating and i think i am gaining weight just as i should. One thing i have heard is that if you have had a baby before you start showing sooner the next time around.
I am 17 wks  witgh my 2nd, and I can easily hid it.  I can tell Im pregnant but not too many others can.  I didnt start showing with my 1st until I was in my 6th month and I popped out over night.  Im 5'7" and 140 lbs.  I only gained 16 lbs with my 1st...but then again I was in my early 20s....now in my 30s, things are not quite the same.  We will see.....Congrats All!!! Enjoy your pregnancy as much as you can.  It doesnt feel it now, but time does fly!!!
I too feel like my tummy gets bigger as the day goes on.  I think it's from eating and drinking plenty of water during the day.  I am 5'7 and weighed 105 when I became pregnant.  I'm 17 weeks and wake up without a tummy, but have to unbutton my pants at the end of the day.  I'm not showing much, but I'm finding it harder to squeeze into my 0's!!
I am 8 weeks pregnant, I am a very large girl though. 360 lbs. I don't think I will ever show. Although I would really love to b/c I think pregnant bellies are so cute!
I AM 3 MONTHS PREGNANT WITH MY SECOND CHILD AND I HAVE BEEN SO SICK THAT I HAVE LOST 8 LBS. I KNOW THAT'S NOT GOOD FOR THE  BABY BUT I NOW WEIGH 208 AND TRYING TO GAIN MY WEIGHT BACK PLUS SOME. MY DOCTOR PUT ME ON THE ZOFRAN PUMP TO HELP MY NAUSEA AND VOMITING AND I THINK IT WORKED. I HAVEN'T USED IT FOR 2 DAYS AND FEEL GREAT, JUST HUNGRY AND ANXIOUS TO KNOW WHAT I'M HAVING. MY EIGHT YEAR OLD DAUGHTER DIDN'T BELIEVE ME UNTIL SHE SAW THE ULTRASOUND.
hi, im 17 weeks pregnant on my third baby.I do not look pregnant at all i also have not gained any weight!! not one pound,,,my doctor is not concered but with my first two i was massive by now ,,,they were both girls so im wondering if this is because this one might be a boy  :)
I am 16 1/2 weeks pregnant with my first boy.  I am 5'2" and before I got pregnant, I weighed 130, and now I weigh 134.  Both weights are considered normal for my height & muscular body type.  I've always worked out pretty hard & stayed very fit.  In fact, my trainer calls me "Six Pack" for my tummy muscles.:)  I'm only showing a little bit of a belly, which feels harder than the rest of my torso, so I know something else is in there.:)  My underwear keeps rolling down under my belly, so I think that's a good sign, too.  After having had multiple m/c before 10 weeks last year, I learned that once you get past 12 weeks, you're basically in the clear.  I saw my BOY this past Thursday, heartbeat & moving all around.  VERY COOL!  Everyone is different.    
I am 17 weeks pregnant (next tues - first child) and while I might have the start of a small bump  (so my partners tells me) you still wouldn't know I was pregnant, maybe just one too many burgers! lol I'm 5ft3 and only gained 2lbs so far (but I ache a whole lot from the waist down!) I'm looking forward to getting a baby bump and feel the little one kicking (just flutters at the mo) but I have a friend who is also pregnant with her first child, same height/body shape prior to pregnancy but she was showing at 12 weeks and was in maternity clothes, i'm still in my size 12's so I guess every pregnant woman is different, we all show and experience pregnancy symptoms at different times. Congrats to everyone x
I am 15 weeks pregnant and feel like when i wake up in the morning i am flat.  by the end of the day i definitely have  belly from all the food and water.  I am so impatient to show, especially since i had one miscarriage and did not make it this far before.  but i guess everyone is different. my doctor said that because i am 5'8 i probably won't show until i am 4 months or so.  he also says that my babys heartbeat is really strong and i have had 2 ultrasounds and saw/heard the heartbeat and it was amazing.  i guess i am still having trouble believing i am actually pregnant since the miscarriage was so devastating. i just need some patience.  
i am 16 weeks pregnant and i just look like i have a big fat belly but i kind of already had a belly so i dont know what to be thinking. i know other girks that were huge at 16 weeks
I am almost 17 weeks and if i poke out my belly i look pregnant but if i suck it in a lil or stand up straight(im 5'11 with a long torso) you cant tell im pregnant. Im glad im not the only one thats not really showing bc its worrying me a lil bit. I love the pregnant lookive been looking forward to it the whole time. My bros gf is 2 months ahead of me and she was already in maternity clothes by the 3rd month. I also have only gained like 3-4 lbs i think. is it true that some women just dont gain that much weight?
I am 9 weeks and  not showing just cant suck my stomach in..with my first nobody could tell I was pregnant until 6-7 months.I was really small until the last 6 weeks,then I just popped out...as lobg as you dont a huge amount of weight you should not really show much until after 20 weeks.
im 17weeks today(2nd child after 5years).when i lay onmy backmy tummy is some what flat.my belly is not hard as much as i expected to be..maybe after i eat but thats about it.it bothers me.should i be worried?
i am almost 17 weeks pregnant and i am not showing really:( all my friends keep saying where is the baby?? I was 105 when i first got pregnant and now i weight 112 but i still don't look prego:( i look like im bloated but that is about it...just getting nervous that the baby isn't growing or something i hate the waiting and the anticipation of not knowing what is going on:( i hope that I start showing soon this is really making me nervous and my next appointment isn't til another two weeks!!
I'm 16 weeks and don't look pregnant at all, just bloated, although I do have to keep my pants unbottoned to feel comfortable.  My stomach before pregnancy was extremely flat so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.  Everyone keeps saying I don't pregnant at all and it's starting to make me feel anxious like the baby isn't growing.  Everyone keeps saying that the baby bump will happen overnight, so every morning I'm checking.
I am 17 weeks tomorrow and I am so paranoid since I had a miscarraige (miscarriage) before this pregnancy and didn't make it this far. This will be my first child. I feel like I look like I've gained weight but do not look pregnant especially in the mornings. Some days I feel like I look bigger than others. I feel like I am going nuts...everytime I go into any bathroom I check out my stomach in the mirror to see if I notice any changes. I have had two ultrasounds and everything looked good. My next doctor appt is a week from today and i am really looking forward to it so that some of this anxiousness will subside and i have my next ultrasound scheduled for June 10th when I find out the sex. It seems so far away. I am relieved to hear that there are other women out there who have experienced the same thing...it gives me some relief.
I am 24 weeks pregnant and I am still  not showing! I look  like I am not even  pregnant! I never even went to the doctor yet. I am 16 and since im not showing my parents still dont know! no one know besides me! I will tell when I start showing! I took multiiple pregnancy test and all were positive! I take them every week to make sure the baby is still there! I eat healthy and I exercize daily!  
hi,

for your own safety and the babies, you really should get checked out, i am a mum of 3, and have a little girl, i would hate to think she was pregnant at 16 and couldn't tell me or anyone about it, but i would at least hope she would think about hers and the babys health and see the doctor. is there nobody you can confide in? having a baby is such a massive and life changing thing.
Im 15 wks & 3 days prego. I am 5'1" & weigh 116. Its my first pregnancy & my stomach grew like overnight & i was ecXited abt a wk ago then went back dwn 2 days later....jus looks like im a lil bloated right now....
You definitely need to go to the doctor to have an ultrasound to make sure the baby is placed in the uterus. Sometimes u can have an eptopic pregnancy where the baby is in your fallopian tube. Can be very dangerous! Please tell your parents, they love you and will support you through anything :) Good luck!
Im 13w 5d, first pregnancy and I am not showing either. I am 5'10 and was 317lbs at my first prenanat dr's apt. She advised me to watch my diet becuase of herediatry gestational diabetis and I cut out most sugars and carb and lost 13 lbs in 5 weeks. My clothes are actually fitting better. I am mostly leg and have a shorter torso so I dont assume I will start showing until 20 or so weeks.  My dr is also not worried about my weight loss because we had an early ultrasound at 13w1d, due to nto finding babies heartbeat vis doppler, and baby is doing just fine!!!
Hope this eases some soon-to-be-mommies out there!!
im 17 weeks pregnant and not showing at all! I just look like i need to work out. my boyfriend says " girl you aint pregnant, stop lying". lol he plays too much! I look at all my friends, and they all got big so fast! I feel like something might be wrong with me or something!!
This is my 4th pregnancy.  Showed at 16 weeks with first, 13 weeks with 2nd and funny thing is I don't remember much from the 3rd pregnancy weird huh?  Now they are 16, 13, and 10, I'm going on 35 so it's been a loooong time for me!  I am 5'5 and WAS 118 when I found out Oct. 6th (2010) that I was pregnant.  Here I am a month later and I weigh 131lbs!  I did not throw up at all but I did real bad with first two kids and a for two weeks with my third.  Kinda wish I did because I feel so fat and I'm totally showing at 12 weeks.  This *****!

I've had Braxton Hicks for two weeks now and I have fetal movement as well.  You just feel things sooner with each one and show sooner, according to my OB.  
This is my second pregnancy and I am still not showing at 13 weeks!! I still have a little belly left from the first one which I had 1.5 years ago but i am worried that the baby is not growing properly? I was told that I would show much earlier with the second pregnancy?!
I was 108lbs when I found out this time and I got to 113 lbs now...so I put some weight but I just feel FAT ....when will I show?
im hundred and eighty four lbs I have tried to get rid of the weight earlier I was only 140 lbs.

I have a extremely hard stomach my belly is almost near my lap

I feel constant butterflies people often laugh at me to

cause im not showing but I have a extremely dark line on my belly all the way pass my naval.
I am 17 weeks pregnant today  56'' and  have gone from 128 to a whole 150 lbs. surprisingly am still not showing at all?! maybe a very small bump but nothing yet. I had one ultra sound at 10 weeks, all was fine, but i still  sometimes  wonder if anything could have happened to the baby since then or maybe I am being paranoid but honestly im not really even hard just kinda mushy.
I am 17 weeks and I just look like I have little pooch at the bottom of my stomach. I am not very big at all and never have been I think this is why I do not show that much right now. Even though my boobs have grown from a C to a D but my belly is not that big yet!
i am 17 weeks along with baby number 3, i think it just depends on your body how soon you show.  i weighed 116 when i got pregnant  (am 5'6)but due to severe morning sickness lost about 12 pounds, i have just recently gained it back.  i look the exact same but bigger boobs and an only noticable to me baby bump.  with my first (girl) didn't show till about 7 months, with my second (boy) showed ALOT sooner, but wasn't near as sick.  this is a girl.  also have had 6 m/c but they were early, dr. said i am out of the risk zone now.  lots of factors involved. don't worry, i am not and believe me i worry about everything!
I am 14weeks and 1day today , I had my first scan on Friday the 13th and found out I was 12weeks and 4days and the baby had a stong heart beat. I also had a missed miscarridge late last year when I was about 1O and a half weeks and found out at the scan (2O1O) I am so nervous and worry about everything. I don't have much of a bump at all just abit of curve under my belly button, I'm 5'1 - 5'2 and before I fell pregnant I was 6Stone 1Opounds and now i weigh 7Stone 2Pounds so I have put on a little bit of weight but I just feel fat, I don't think i have felt anything as of yet but I don't know as I have never had anything to compare it too. I am so scared something has gone wrong and the babies not ok and as I don't see the mid wife again till the 9th of next month i'm getting pretty impatient :| I can't wait to start getting bigger because when i start to get bigger and start to feel kicks I think it will help me relax alot mre :)
U guys have me me feel relief, i am not showing much also i am 17 weeks i was worried thought it just me i want to look pregnent so bad!
Reading this forum has put my mind @ ease.. i'm 17 weeks preg with bubbs number 1 & thought there was something wrong because one day i'd look really big & the next small.. i'm quite a small build so thought i'd show more by this time.. now i know it's a common paranoia among new mum's so i can just relax...
Now i'm no e
xpert just yet, but my advise to new mummys to be is look after yourself.. NOW is the perfect time to start looking after bubbs... by taking care of yourself you are taking care of bubbs.. eat right, sleep right(if possible), quit smoking (perfect time to do it) but most of all dont stress! remember, if you're feeling stressed, bubbs is feeling stressed... enjoy your special time & nurture your very special gift. :)
Now i'm no e
Hello ladies..i am 5'6 and I use to weigh 130..but now I weigh 115...i am 12 weeks into my pregnancy which would be 3 months..and my belly will only pop out at certain times..i was wondering if thats normal? I would really appreciate your help..thank you (:
I am 16 weeks 3 days and I am HUGE...I feel like I look way further along than I am. I didn't have any morning sickness at all, was starving all the time from the beginning. Started really showing at 11 weeks. I am 5'5" and started at 167 lbs, now am 180!?! I've been eating healthy but Dr. says I need to cut out sweets and all the fruit & juices. Its hard b/c I am hungry every hour or 2. My sister says not to worry b/c she gained that much early on but then the gain slowed down some. I guess every body is different, but we're pretty close in type. One suggestion I have for all you mommies-to-be on here that seem worried is to get yourself a home doppler. I listen to the baby's heartbeat every few days and its so comforting to not have to wait til the Dr. Appt. and my hubby loves hearing it too! 3 more weeks til our gender ultrasound, and can't wait!
hey im 16 aswell and am 4 months pregnant. im a really skinny small girl but im not showing AT ALL! im a little worried but i keep a picture of my baby's ultrasound on my fridge to remind me every day that the baby is still growing and getting so much bigger every week. it could just be how its sitting.
congratulations btw, im sure your parents will be excited for you :) its very exciting x
im 17 weeks an have a little pouch but i still dont pregnant yet just cuz i am small right now an havent felt movement yet. this is my second pregnancy so i cant wait to feel preggo an the best part is when u start feeling ur baby kick!
Im 20weeks and im not showing at all. Im 5'7" 125lbs and everyone keeps asking are u sure your prego. Idk if it normal but as long as the doctor says we are good i have no worries. Is anyone else having this issue?