Maternal & Child Community
18 Month Old With Turned In Feet
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

18 Month Old With Turned In Feet

Hi ladies. Ok my problem is my daughter has very turned in feet. She is almost 19 months old, and has been walking regularly since 11 months. Her feet always have been this way, and actually seemed better when she started walking/running. But lately she has been tripping a lot, and I wonder if it could be because of her feet? Or maybe shes just not looking where shes going? I'm not sure what to do, when she trips she just gets so upset! She is a drama queen, honestly, but this worries me. Does anyone have any advice?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
162331_tn?1390022267
I would have her pediatrician check her.  She can wear special shoes that are less invasive and they help turn the feet out.  My brother had to wear them when he was little.  He also had to do leg braces for awhile, which is much more invasive.  But his feet were really bad.  I hope all turns out okay with your angel.
Blank
Didnt her pedi do anything in the beginning?
My youngest son was born with his feet like that, and they immediatly sent me to a foot dr. who then put him in casts for about 3 months(changing them every 2 weeks), and then put those special shoes on him. It worked pretty well, they are still slightly curved, but he has been walking since he was 9 1/2 months and they are still slowly correcting themselves.

They say also that as they start walking(usually after 1 year of wlking) they start to correct themselves.

I am really supprised nothing has been done.
Blank
Thanks all. Well her doctor said to just kinda wait and see if they corrected themselves. But I'm not sure how I feel about her doctor right now, anyway. He's nice, and competent and all, but he's a family doctor, and very busy. He just doesn't put any extra effort in, ya know? Like they don't know her unless I tell them her name and she's had the same doctor and nurse since she was born. I kinda want to go somewhere where she gets more specialized attention, if that makes any sense?
Blank
167_tn?1374177417
My daughter had that. She actually had a crease in the middle of her foot, which is severe. But they casted her at around 11 months and she did fine. She did trip occasionally, but we did some exercises with her feet every day and she is now 15 and her feet are fine! I wouldn't worry too much. I'm just surprised your doctor didn't do anything about it yet.
Blank
ABSOLUTLY!!

Well good luck to you. I think tho with her learning to walk with her feet turned in, i dont think thats the reason she is tripping, all babies go thru a clumsy phase. With my son and his turned in feet, he started walking with them like that and he's as fast as a muscrat!!lol
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...