Maternal & Child Community
1cm dialated and bleeding after dr exam/ lots of pressure / uptates on ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

1cm dialated and bleeding after dr exam/ lots of pressure / uptates on May moms /open forum

Hola all.. Looks like all the May mommies are coming down to the wire! How exciting!  I had a visit yesterday and the dr told me I was a fingertip/1cm dilated.  She told be to expect to bleed when I get home which I did. But why? When she checked, she sorta push the baby's head up a few times, it was a very odd feeling. So after I get near home, I start to feel tremendous amounts of pressure, more than I've felt this whole pregnancy. And lots of back and front pain (not bad though, but just enough to notice). Did she strip my membranes or something? Or is that just a routein to do what she did?  Never had anyone do that before so I'm not sure..lol
She said I probably wont make it to my due date. I should be fine til next week but not sure about he following week. How exciting! My bf is freaking out..lol Poor guy :) So how accurate are these predictions do you think?

I would love to hear all the updates from may mommy's.  We're all going through the same thing at the same time so, feel free to share in your progress. :) Talk to you all soon and congrats!
That is great news.  And yes, I bleed for two days - just light brown bleeding after my internal.  Very weird feeling but not too bad.  I was not dialated - so YIPPI for you.  You are beating me and Gnicole.  Watch out we are both grumpy so we may attack you if you get to go first.  haha  Just kidding.

Poor baby is probably trying to get herself reorganized in there since the doctor was grabbing her little head.  
You should like never listen to me again..lol I'm always wrong! I was so sure she was a boy rememer? And I was so sure I would go to or pass my due date.. wrong again..lol But I'm happy
Actually, you may be passing both of us because the dr said that I'm not thinned at all, She said I'm still high and firm so I think that might be more progress than dilation (well at least that's how she made it seem). Woohoo... I told my boss, depending on what the dr says next wednsday, next friday will be my last day!  an even bigger wohoo. Cant wait to get outta here. :)

She was playing or at least poking my daughters head! How weird. It wasnt so bad (I'm beginning to see a theme here... I'm hoping everthing is "not so bad", including labor..lol) After reading so many storied about women toward the end, I thought I would be not wanting to get out of bed and limping ect.. but no, I'm actually fine. I have a Mets game to go to on saturday with my bf.  Maybe I'll have the baby at shea stadium! I'll be on tv! lol Although my dad would be upset because we're Yankee fans..lol :)
I also had my first cervical check yesterday and it too had some brown discharge afterwards.  My dr. said that baby had dropped, 1cm dialated and 50% effaced.  Since this is my first kid I had to call my sister-in-law who is a nurse and ask her what all that really meant!!  She thought I was funny.  I go back next Tuesday unless DS decides he wants to come out earlier.  I am due May 7 and my dh says that DS can't come out until that day b/c that is the day "HE" (DH) will be mentally ready for him to come out!!! LOL!!  I have had some cramping on and off since Monday and a lot of back pain.  Yesterday after my exam it was pretty intense for 1/2 the day while I was at work but it eased up when I got home and was able to rest and take a warm bath.  Today I have some of the same cramps but until they get regular or stronger I'm going to try and hold out.  Key word in that sentence is "TRY"!
I had a Dr. visit yesterday as well. Dr. told me that my baby is about 7 lbs. But she still didn't do internal for me. The good news is that my blood pressure is not going up and sugar in my urine is gone. Still have severe swollen in my hands and feet, but everything else is OK. I have been feeling cramps on and off for the last a few days, and had contractions 10 minutes apart the day before but only lasted for about 2 hours. My Dr. said all that means "progressing". DH is like what wishingforjust1 says, is mentally not ready until May (I am due May 7). I feel like I will be late, hope someone in this 37 weeks group will be there with me, don't leave me alone. :)
After my exam on Monday I didn't bleed at all, no weird discharge nothing.  Maybe that means that you guys are moving along and I will be stuck! :( We had sex over the weekend-that was quite comical. Maybe we will try again tonight and see if that gets things moving. I am getting very frustrated!! Sorry if TMI!! Keep me posted girls!! :)
Apparently i was 4/5 engaged at my last appointment which was a week and a half ago, i have another appointment next Weds and i'm hoping he will be fully engaged.  I'm definately feeling the pressure now, that's not fun!!  How far along are you guys?  I think brentlie is one week behind me, but i'm not sure about everyone else.  I'm 36w2d and i'm looking forward to getting this baby out...lol.

How's everyone doing with the sleeping??  I've been getting up nearly every hour in the night to go to the toilet, it's driving me crazy, i'm soooo exhausted!!
lol.. I know what you mean by comical..lol its almost a mission impossible. I'm not giving up though.. I'm sure it will work..lol Besides, we wont be able to again until after 6-8 weeks after the little ones get here. So we might as well try. It cant hurt.lol Maybe just be a little uncomfortable..lol
i was a fingertip dilated for a couple weeks before they finally induced, so personally i dont place much stock in those predictions :) good luck!
Hi there and congratulations. You'll soon be holding your wonderful bundle of joy!  The reason the dr pushes up on the baby's head during a cervix exam is to see what station the baby is (how far it is down in the pelvis). If it does not move up any, then it is engaged into the pelvis (in-place). They measure it according to your ischeal spines (bony projection in your pelvis).  They also see if the baby seem to be small enough for your pelvis. They check dilation, effacement and station. Best of luck to you! tmv
Thats funny, all the sudden sex is either a comedy show or a requirment to induce labor.  hahaha Remember when we actually loved it???  I think back to when we were TTC and can even imagine it anymore :(

I get up every hour to go to the bathroom too.  I bet you are at a lower station now because when I started having bad pressure and it was easier for me to breathe and peeing every hour at night Doc told me that I was engaged.  I also go back to the dr. on Wed.  Let us know what happens.