1st trimester spotting
I'll apologize in advance if this is TMI, but I've taken 2 pregnancy tests, both positive, and have another week before I get to see my Dr. This morning, I woke up with a light brown discharge, and have had minor cramps off and on all day. Is this something I should worry about? This is our first pregnancy after 3 years of trying, and actually being told I'd need to take Clomid in order to conceive. In fact, I was going to start taking it when I found out I was pregnant!
Any help that is given will be VERY much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
I forgot to add above, but I'm just about 8 weeks along. Thanks!
If you were just having some brown spotting I wouldn't worry about it, but if you're cramping as well call your doctor or go to the ER to get checked.  It's probably just old blood, but it's always good to contact your doctor if you have any spotting.
First off Congrats!! Second, the spotting sounds like old blood, which is normal. As for the cramping I had the same thing. Its your uterus growing. Now if it gets severe make sure you go to the ER. Best of luck!!
That started with me around 6wks-10wks on and off and not just brown blood, but clots, red, pink. I was terrified. Turns out nothing was wrong. I had a lot of ultrasounds and visits to the dr (I was also on prometrium until 13wks). They could never find the source of the spotting but one dr said it was implantation bleeding. I asked how can it be for that long? She said that the first (and most) of the pregnancy is very vascular and vessels in your uterus break and bleed, if its brown, its old, ect. I would check in with your dr. as much as you feel comfortable doing (that is what they are there for). Congratulations on your pregnancy and have a happy and healthy 9 months.
I had spotting and cramping up until 10 weeks.  I had an u/s every week cause I was freaking out.  I am 26 weeks now.  Call your doctor if it will make you feel better, maybe they can get you in earlier.
I had brown spotting and unfortunately it meant mc.  This happened to me twice last year.  You should see your doc and have an internal scan to check on the baby.  

Many women on here have spotting/bleeding and go on to deliver a perfectly healthy baby.
i had brown spotting from week 7 to 12 last year. that pregnancy ended in miscarriage. with this pregnancy i had a pink spot, a red watery bleed and brown coffee ground like spotting for a few days. i have placenta previa, and lost a triplet,at 10 weeks, but i am 14 weeks now with twins and all is okay.

call the doctor, go get an ultrasound, if your doctor can't do it soon enough, go to the er. it's worth your peace of mind.

the day i misscarried, i was not going to go to the doc.my boyfriend made me. i felt like i was being melodramatic. i hemmorhaged that day, and ended up having surgery that night to stop the bleeding. not that that's your situation, but in my books it is better to be safe.

i hope all is okay for you and your baby
I spotted brown and red until 14 weeks.  I am now 19, and so far, so good.