Maternal & Child Community
1st ultrasound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

1st ultrasound

I had my 1st ultrasound tuesday.  I'm 7weeks 3days and had a great heartbeat of 171.  i'm due 5/7/07.  one day before dh birthday!
Congrats!  It's so exciting to see the heartbeat!  Yeah!
I had my first u/s today also.  I got a chance to see the heartbeat but my doctor didn't tell me the heartrate.  He just showed us the heart beating on the ultrasound and said that it was strong.  I am also 7w 3d and I am also due on May 7.  He also did a lot of bloodwork and tested for a lot of things.
I'm due May 3!!!
Congrats!

I'm due on May 7, 2007 as well. My ultrasound was on Monday, with a heart rate of 143, and baby measured 6w5d. They said everything looked great.
wow, there is a lot of us due the same time!  we'll have to keep in touch.  they drew alot of bloodwork on me also.
my doctor couldn't hear my baby's heartbeat at nine weeks either, it's just a lot harder that early on.  At eleven weeks she found it after looking five minutes.  Don't worry!

Congratulations on your May 7th due date-my ds's b-day is may 6th and it's a wonderful time of the year for a birthday
My sister-in-law went in at 9 1/2 weeks just last week and they couldn't find a heartbeat. They took her in for an internal u/s and everything is perfect! :) Don't worry, with every baby its different. I heard my son's at 8 weeks, my friend heard her daughter's at 7 1/2. It all varies. Best of luck to you! :)
My doctor wouldn't even listen for a heartbeat until I was 12 weeks...that's about when you should be able to hear the heartbeat.  Some women hear it earlier and others won't hear it until 15+ weeks.  Don't worry...everything is probably fine.
Does anyone know when they can HEAR a hb with just the office Doppler?  My obgyn tried it at 9 weeks (an outside chance she said, no go) but claims to sometimes get it at 10. I am worried to go back at 10 wks and again not hear it.  Anyone remember when they could hear it that way?  2 m./cs make me very paranoid.  Congrats on ultrasound--I almost fell off the table when they got a hb at 7wks5days--braced as I was for the worst.
hi im due on february 17th my fianc