2 Questions: Enemas safe in pregnancy? Rosacea worse in pregnancy?
Sorry for the 2 questions in one post, I figured that was better than using them up in two different places!

I have a tendency to be very constipated in pregnancy and I eat A LOT of fruit, veggies and drink a lot of water.  Can I give myself an enema or is this unsafe?

Also, I had very mild rosacea before pregnancy - usually was worse in the winter when my face was drier - but every morning after I get out of the shower I have red splotches all over my cheeks that gradually go away but by the end of the day my make-up is caked in those spots as if my skin was terribly dry (which it isn't).

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Mollie
I have rosacea as well but I use Metro cream everyday and that really seems to help.  As for the enema, I wouldnt take that.  Try increasing your fibre.  Im very constipated as well but I wouldnt use enimas or laxitives.  Try eating bran buds or make some bran muffins.  I eat fibre waffles and bran everyday and I still have trouble but not as bad as before.
My dr advised enemas are safe but suggested that I try metmucil first....but be very careful to use the exact amount of water they tell you or the constipation could get worse.

I'm etremely constipated....I'm 9 weeks pregnant and have only gone 3 times.

Rosacea also could worsen with pregnancy....just like acne, etc.  I don't know about this one though.
i used a total of 2 maybe 3 and i am now 35w2d. and i called the dr on call at the hospital and told him i needed to "go" and couldnt i hadnt been able to in 2weeks by the time i called him. he said that an enema is safe just no more than 2 a month. but i guess every drs. advice is different.
I eat TONS of fiber...fruit, veggies, bran and fiber one cereals, always eat whole grain bread instead of white, etc, and I still have troubles.  What REALLY works for me to the point to where I feel I can hardly make it to the restroom in time is jogging/exercise.  Every time I workout, I have to either stop in the middle of it to go or go afterwards.  If you aren't or weren't an exerciser, then maybe walking or something light, but it would still help.  I would do that before anything (that's just me) becaue I don't want to risk anything or make it worse.  Good luck!  It's just a joy of pregnancy.  Oh, and i can't help much with the redness, but if it makes you feel better I have a huge dark spot above my lip from when i was on the pill that has gotten worse with pregnancy...unfortunately I can't do a thing until this pregnancy is done (either laser or chemical peel), but I have to cake on the makeup too.  Before I got the dark spot, I never wore makeup, not even concealer.  I hope to go back to that one day...oh, the joys of being a woman, and a hormonal one at that:)
I have been very constipated also. I feel like I have tried everything(Water, prunes, fruit, veggies) The Dr. told me to take Colace which is a gental and safe stool softener 1 time a day with my prenatal vitamin(the main cause of the constipation, even though the vitamins do have a mild stool softener in them usually. This may help someone else. I was still constipated but instead of not going but once every 4 or 5 days, I was going every 2 to 3 days. The main thing that has helped me is eating a microwavable mexican dinner. lol My stomach ached for about 15 minutes but the relief I had after was worth it.
My rosacea is horrible..  I'm suppose to atke the doxycycline for 6 months but stopped that due to ttc.  When I was pregnant it was so bad I didn;t want to go outside...