Maternal & Child Community
2 early US- measuring 5w 2d and 10 days later 5 w 5d and only a gestati...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

2 early US- measuring 5w 2d and 10 days later 5 w 5d and only a gestational sac

My LMP was 7/15 and I had a transabdominal scan 8/20 and sac measured 5 w 2 d. 10 days later had a transabdominal scan followed by a vaginal scan and the gestational sac measured 5 w 5 d. No fetus or heartbeat. Doctor was not very optimistic that things are ok. I've had two miscarriages in the past 9 months and 4 in total with 2 live births. I'm 41 this time around and am concerned that something has changed. I am on supplemental progesterone as when I miscarried in April my pg was 1.5 at 4.5 weeks pregnant. I am waiting to hear what my hcg levels are and should know tomorrow afternoon. I have no pg symptoms other than being tired but didn't have with my son born in 2011 either. I have had no spotting or heavy cramping- just tired. Is it possible that things are ok just scanned too early? I would love to have another child and for my son to not be an only child (my other son is 22) I may have ovulated a week later than the 14th day. Thanks for your input.