Maternal & Child Community
2 healthy children, then 3 miscarriages...now what?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Has anyone had the experience of recurrent miscarriage AFTER they've had successful pregnancies? My daughter is 9 (she was 11 days late), and my son is 6 (he was 6 weeks early). In trying to have another baby I've experienced 3 miscarriages and I am starting to worry. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Hi!
Yes, though it sounds strange, it's possible to start miscarrying after having successful pregnancies. This happens due to causes that came up after you conceived the last time. . Generally first trimester abortions or abortions occurring in first three months are due to fetal abnormality, genetic causes, Rh blood group incompatibility (this is ruled out in your case) and low progesterone hormone. Infection of the uterus, endometriosis, fibroids, etc  are some other causes for early abortion. You need to consult your gynecologist and run some tests to rule out these causes. Eliminating these causes will increase the chances of full term pregnancy. Take care!