Maternal & Child Community
2 month old teething

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

2 month old teething

Good morning ladies. I was wondering if anyone out there had experience with their newborn having their teeth come in really early? Our little Nathan is 2 months old and I just noticed a little white tooth poking through his bottom gums, and another 3 teeth just below the surface. Poor guy, he cries and drools like crazy but I am unsure how to sooth him? He doesn't use a pacifier but he's been shoving his whole fist in his mouth for comfort. I tried a teething ring but he just gives me this "are you crazy mom!?" kind of look and spits it out. Any ideas on what to try?
Jodie
There are a few things you can do to help soothe your baby. Try a cold wet washcloth for him to suck on. Baby Orajel and teething tablets (both of which you can get at walmart) are great too. Keep trying with the teething ring, like show him what to do with it! We just kept putting it in our daughters mouth and letting her feel it on her gums and that was the end of that, she ended up loving it! Matter fact, she still plays with them. Sometimes you could give them some infant tylenol too. I have heard that cutting teeth is the most painful thing, that if adults had to do it, we wouldnt be able to handle it...that one came from my mother in law whos a "know it all" so i dunno if that is true or not, but anyway hope this helped a little! good luck, i know it can be frustrating!