Maternal & Child Community
2 month old with bronchitis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

2 month old with bronchitis

I have a 2 month old baby girl, she started having a lot of cogh an congestion and was throwing up after she ate (breastmilk)so we took her to the doctor.  Doctor diagnosed her w/mild bronchitis and gave her albuterol with a nebulizer.  Doctor said take her to hospital if trouble breathing, not eating, or high fever.  She has not had a fever at all and she is eating some.  We are feeding her less and more often so she won't throw up and it seems to be working she is still eating less than ususal but she is eating some.  The only thing  I don't  like is that every time she wakes up she gets this cough attacks where she will cough continiously for about 40 times in a row and can't seem to stop, and when she finally stops she starts crying( i think from being tired of coughing so much) after that she will be fine for hours until she eats and falls asleep again and we do it all over again.  Is this cough attack a sympom of something else or is it part of the bronchitis, and is there anything to help her feel more comfortable.