Maternal & Child Community
2 weeks since i stopped bleeding after miscarriage. period or not?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

its been 3 weeks since i had my miscarriage and i stopped bleeding 2 weeks ago.. i am now having very slight spotting?  just wondered if i should count this as a period or still after affects of the miscarriage? and how soon after the miscarriage can i get pregnant. i was so dissapointed that im having this spotting because i have been trying really hard to get pregnant for the past 2 weeks. i take it im trying way too soon.
you are probably experiencing spotting having to do with the mc. sometimes you will have a small clot or something blocking the cervix and the bleeding will stop for a while, then start again.  As for ttc, it is probably too early, but you never know.  If you dont see your period within the next two weeks I would definately take a hpt, jsst to be suyre.  It can take as long as 6-8 weeks to resume mensturating ater a mc - tjhats how long it took me.  I got pg right after my first period after the mc, hopefully youll be that lucky too!!  baby dust your way!1
Hi- I had a m/c 29 days ago too.  Seven weeks pregnant- after a ultrasound showed fetus with good heartbeat.  Not easy, I know.  ANyways, I too, am still spotting periodically.  Are they following your HCG quants?  I have done a lot of researching lately about ovulating after m/c because last week my quants actually started to rise again 3 weeks after m/c and they asked me if I could be pregnant again to my surprise.  (Levels= 716, one week later= 850, two days later =  926).  Anyways, after all this research, more ultrasounds etc.  it sounds like the earliest to expect a AF is 4 weeks after, the spotting is likely related to the m/c.  But, call your doc, because I am also learning that spotting this this late after isn't always normal and they need to rule out an incomplete miscarriage and trophoblastic disease.  My ultrasound last week showed "retained tissue" (they think) and they are scheduling me for a D&C this Friday.  Ask for them to monitor your quants.  Once they return to zero (or less than 5) you can expect your AF to come two weeks or so after.  Sorry, I know the return of spotting is agonizing, it seems like it won't ever end when all you want to do is move on.
I had the same kind of thing happen to me. I had bleeding for along time though and then it stopped it then it came back 2 weeks later so I figured it was my period and started taking my birth control as directed (we were not trying to have another baby) and then exactly a month after the light bleeding I expected more and it never came and I was 4 weeks pregnant. If you're healthy and you want to, start trying again. If you're body is not ready to make a baby it won't, and if you do get pregnant before your body is ready to have another baby it will have another miscarriage, but so early that you will just think it is your period. Good luck, and don't stress over it!