Aa
A
A
Close
114123 tn?1289630070
2 year old ate a pack of gum!!!
My two year old just ate an entire pack of the new Ice breakers Ice cubes gum! Anyone know if it's a big deal?
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
134578 tn?1463413330
Only if he ate the foil wrapper and plastic bubbles.  He should have some sweetly scented poops in about a day.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Are they sugar free?  Sometimes sugar free gums have a slight laxitive effect.  That's the only thing I can think of that could cause a problem.  I know it's not great for you, but I've swallowed gum all my life and I've never had anything happen to me. It's an old wives tale that it'll stay in your system for 7 years.  

You might want to give the dr. a call though just to be sure there isn't another ingredient he shouldn't have. And since it's gone already, choking is no longer a problem.

God Bless!
~Amanda
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Just watch to make sure he poops regularly in the next few days. When my boy did the same thing I was told the only danger is if it gets clumped up and stops the bowel movements. I am sure he will be fine. My boy ate tons of gum from a 10 pack of juicy when he was 2 and was fine.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
114123 tn?1289630070
My two year old is a girl. And she is fine:) Just before bedtime she had a very unusual bm, she hasn't made that face since she was a baby lol! It was a bit minty to.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Okay, my son hasn't tried this yet, but I know it's probably coming, and I just wanted to say thank you for posting this.  It's nice to know my little one is just like everyone else's.  I'm sure he's fine, but it's kinda funny!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
134578 tn?1463413330
Nothing like a minty fresh poo to go to sleep on. :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources