Maternal & Child Community
2 year old ate a pack of gum!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

2 year old ate a pack of gum!!!

My two year old just ate an entire pack of the new Ice breakers Ice cubes gum! Anyone know if it's a big deal?
Only if he ate the foil wrapper and plastic bubbles.  He should have some sweetly scented poops in about a day.
Avatar n tn
Are they sugar free?  Sometimes sugar free gums have a slight laxitive effect.  That's the only thing I can think of that could cause a problem.  I know it's not great for you, but I've swallowed gum all my life and I've never had anything happen to me. It's an old wives tale that it'll stay in your system for 7 years.  

You might want to give the dr. a call though just to be sure there isn't another ingredient he shouldn't have. And since it's gone already, choking is no longer a problem.

God Bless!
~Amanda
My two year old is a girl. And she is fine:) Just before bedtime she had a very unusual bm, she hasn't made that face since she was a baby lol! It was a bit minty to.
Okay, my son hasn't tried this yet, but I know it's probably coming, and I just wanted to say thank you for posting this.  It's nice to know my little one is just like everyone else's.  I'm sure he's fine, but it's kinda funny!
Just watch to make sure he poops regularly in the next few days. When my boy did the same thing I was told the only danger is if it gets clumped up and stops the bowel movements. I am sure he will be fine. My boy ate tons of gum from a 10 pack of juicy when he was 2 and was fine.
Nothing like a minty fresh poo to go to sleep on. :)