Are they sugar free? Sometimes sugar free gums have a slight laxitive effect. That's the only thing I can think of that could cause a problem. I know it's not great for you, but I've swallowed gum all my life and I've never had anything happen to me. It's an old wives tale that it'll stay in your system for 7 years.
You might want to give the dr. a call though just to be sure there isn't another ingredient he shouldn't have. And since it's gone already, choking is no longer a problem.
Just watch to make sure he poops regularly in the next few days. When my boy did the same thing I was told the only danger is if it gets clumped up and stops the bowel movements. I am sure he will be fine. My boy ate tons of gum from a 10 pack of juicy when he was 2 and was fine.
Okay, my son hasn't tried this yet, but I know it's probably coming, and I just wanted to say thank you for posting this. It's nice to know my little one is just like everyone else's. I'm sure he's fine, but it's kinda funny!
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.