Maternal & Child Community
2 year old complaining about belly being sore.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

For the last 2 or 3 days my son has been complaining about his belly being sore.  He had some diarreha (sp?)yesterday.  When he says its sore he pushes in on his belly pretty hard.  I am not sure what this could be.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!  Could he maybe have a hernia?  Should I call the dr. office?  I was just wondering if anyone came across this with any of their children.

Thanks for any comments!

BABY DUST TO ALL!!!!
when he has diarrhea is it very clear/watery, or is is thick like stool, just runny?  any vomitting?
I dont know really.  I know that sounds strange to say but I dont.  He had it yesterday at my MIL while I was working.  Then he didnt poop the rest of the evening.
I'd definitely keep an eye on him. I had appendicitis on 4th of july, and my stomach was sore, burning, hurt to push on it, I also had dirrahea, and the pain became constant. Does it hurt around his belly button area? A little bit above it? And/or to the right? Take his temp as well.

I think it's pretty unusual for a 2 year old to have appendicitis, but after what I went thru, I don't want to hear of anybody else suffering.
A bullseye rash is often the first sign of lyme disease... try googling and maybe have him seen just in case.
I did not have a fever with my appendicitis and my blood work was just a little off but sure enough that sucker had ruptured. Def keep an eye him and see if the pain increases as mine did over a few days time.
Yea I thought if he is still complaining on Monday then I would make him an appt.  If it gets worse then I will take him to the ER!!
My DH asked him last nite where it hurt and he pointed like kinda by his belly button but def. on the right.  Immediately I thought of his appendix.  Sounds kinda odd for a 2 year old tho.  He doesnt have a fever.  Recently he has some spots on his legs, ear and elbow, kinda looked like a bullseye.  It was really strange.  I called the dr. about that thinking it may be ring worm (they said it wasnt and that they didnt need to see him).  Not sure what that was.  It had a circle with what looked like a bug bite inside of it.  I had never seen anything like that before.
yepp a bullseye rash is a sigh of lyme disease and a sign of certain types or worms you can get from milk or dairy products. does your son go outside a lot? or does he eat a lot of dairy?