Maternal & Child Community
2 year old girl with leukemia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

2 year old girl with leukemia

Hi,

I was just wondering... My friends baby girl was diagnosed with Leukemia i think last year and she's turning 2 in December. They live in Fiji where there's not much assistance or aid or ANYTHING to help out. What should we expect now & what are the next steps to do now that she has been diagnosed?? We don't really know anything about it... any help or advice will be appreciated.

Thank You
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Do you mean to say that she has not had any medical intervention since she has been diagnosed? The sooner treatment is started, the better. 3 out of 4 chilhood leukemias are curable if treatment is started immediately.
Blank
So sorry to hear this...I don't really know much about treatment...perhaps someone on here will.

I wanted to let you know that there is a Leukemia & Lymphoma forum that you will probably get more help on...it is on the main Forums page just a couple up from here (Maternal & Child).

You all will be in my prayers.  Good luck.
Blank
Tell your friend to move where the little one can get help!!!  What are they waiting for?  I'm terribly sorry to hear about the girl but it won't go away on its own.  They need medical intervention.
Blank
Thank you for your replies everyone... i will pass this information to her father... thank you so much
Blank
Ok well first off i am sorry about your friend. I was diagnosed with Leukemia ALL TYPE B when i was 3 i have been in remission for 19 years 7 months and 19 days, I went chemotherphy and yes i lost all my hair. i had thousands of spinal taps, lots of blood work, a bone marrow, i had good and bad days.
but she needs to be seen asap it apperant that she get medical attention or she may not survive with out care. i will pray for her please keep me updated.
Blank
move fast, fast fast and get the little on help now!  get her treated fast.
Blank
move fast, fast fast and get the little on help now!  get her treated fast.
Blank
Call St. Jude Hospital in Memphis, Tn it is a free hospital for cancer patients. very good!!1 My brother has Leukemia was dignoised in September great hospiutal for children with cancer
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...