Maternal & Child Community
20 week scan worried i have to go back in two weeks for a re heart scan...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

20 week scan worried i have to go back in two weeks for a re heart scan

my doctor told me everything was fine that i need to go back on the 6th for a re caradic scan i ask her is something wrong with his heart and she was like oh no dont worry it was just the way he was laying, im tottally freaking out i mean he had the 4 chambers and everything is perfect has anyone have to have this done before
Please don't worry this JUST happened to me. I had my scan at 21wks and my little girl was laying funky and right under my belly button so they made me come back in 3wks to rescan her heart... No big deal. I went back and everything is fine. It's very common. Sometimes babies are stubborn and are laying somewhere very difficult.
Please do not worry!!! This happened with my last baby. Sometime doctors are just overly cautious and want to make sure nothing is wrong. I went in for my 20 week u/s and everything looked fine and the tech marked the 4 chambers but when my doc saw it he said he couldnt "see" the chambers that good, so he made her re-do the u/s. Even the tech was confused because she said she could see the 4 chambers clear as day. *shrug*  It was great because i got to go back and get some more cool ultrasound pics.
thanx im just so worried i dont understand how he was laying in a way they have to re do when everything was fine
Relax!  They have a very specific checklist that they must complete.  
I have had to go back for 2 of 3 pregnancies to get a better look, because of the baby's positioning.  My second child was the heart, and when I went back, it was a very quick scan just to complete the checklist.  Everything was fine, he is now 4 and perfect.  With my third, I had to go back to see the spine.  Again, very quick u/s, and spine is fine.  

hi , i had this with my son !  they said somthing was wrong with his heart and asked me to wait a week to come back to see a specialist who said "its just a whole in his heart " "just" i freaked out however he explained a lot of babies have this flow problem on scans that corrects its self but needed to be checked after birth . he is now a heathy 5 year old with no probs what so ever !
maybe they just could not get a clear angle?  my doctor is really thorough when it comes to ultrasounds. if anything is not 100% clear he'll re-order it or send me to the perinatologist.

sometimes my girls are blocking each other and we have to try and try and try to get a clear shot. they even make me roll from side to side, walk and sometimes resort to poing and prodding my belly to get their angle just right.
thanx girls you're the best