Maternal & Child Community
22 weeks pregnant - BAD Lower back pain...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

22 weeks pregnant - BAD Lower back pain...

Hey everyone...I'm 22 weeks pregnant and the last 2 days i've had really bad lower back pain.  it feels like i'm getting my period! i'm a little nervous...should i call my doctor?  is this normal around this time?  my belly button also hurts - is that weird?  all around it just hurts!  any advice would be helpful - i am sick of calling my doctor over every little thing!!!
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
173145_tn?1301704450
i would call the doc just to be sure everything is ok. dont worry about calling him to much if you really are worried that is what they are there for keep us posted
Blank
177465_tn?1288242063
I agree with them! Call him! (But I know how you feel....I feel like such a pain in the butt when i have to call alot). You could have a kidney infection if your back is hurting! Does it hurt to the touch or just muscle pain inside?? My back just hurts nonstop and nothing is wrong at all! I'm 24 weeks. Do you know the sex of your baby? Just curious...seems like all the girls I know who are having back pains are having boys! lol
Blank
I agree with the above poster, you should call your Dr. if you are concerned.  I know that I had terrible back pain, as long as it isn't shooting, I'm sure it's fine (to rule out contractions, I had back labor twice now).  I felt way more back pain, cramping and pressure with this last baby.  My Dr. said it actually does get worse after you have had one baby, I think mainly because your muscles can't hold baby in and up as well.  I was also on my feet all day 40 hours a week without taking breaks to sit so she was not at all surprised.  It got to the point where it hurt to stand and walk, it was really bad.  Tylenol didn't help me much.  I would call your Dr. though and tell them what's going on, it's always best to be safe, especially for something like that.  I hope you feel better, congrats on baby.
Blank
I'm having back and belly pressure at 22 weeks (tomorrow)... not sure to call or not. I'm having a girl.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...