Maternal & Child Community
24 weeks pregnant and abdominal pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

24 weeks pregnant and abdominal pain

I am 24 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby. Around 12 weeks, I went to the emergency room with pain in my lower right side of my abdomen. I thought it was appendicitis.... they ran all sorts of tests and told me that it wasn't, it was just round ligament pain. Well the pain is still there. It is not sharp pain and it isn't a constant pain, but I just can't ease my mind that there isn't something even more serious. Mainly because everyone I know who is pregnant or has had several kids even has never experienced this. They showed me where my appendix is now that I'm pregnant and thats where the pain is most of the time... it does move around though. I also feel like I'm going to burst, my stomach is so tight and uncomfortable that sometimes I just want to lie down and sleep so I don't feel anymore pain....
anyone go through this before???
This is my first pregnancy (well I had a m/c first but that happened at 6 weeks) I'm 21 weeks 5 days and get pains in my stomach. Some times its closer to my belly button on the side, sometimes I get a pain more towards the side of my stomach. It's hard to explain but it will just start hurting and sometimes it feels like a pinching and pulling. Sometimes I think it's where the baby is laying and pressing against me in the spot.  I have asked other people that are due within a few weeks of me and they have all had the same types of pains. (I was worried at first because I have a cyst on my ovary) but the pain moves and it doesn't last for to long. I think it's just because the baby is moving and everything is stretching in there.  But if you are nervous about it call your doctor, that's what they are there for.
I have round ligament pain on and off and it is brutal.  This is my 5th pregnancy (2 living kids, 2 mc)and I did not have it with any of the others.
Hiya,

I am 27 weeks pregnant and have also have been having pain in my lower right side for the past couple of weeks at least, I have decided to go to the doctor tomorrow as I have no explaination for it and am worried. It hurts when I move around especially when I walk. I feel like an old women when I walk as I can only take small step at a very slow pace, the faster I walk the more it hurts. it feels like a knite digging in or dragging.
i am 24 weeks pregnant and am on modified bedrest due to my pains in my abdomen...they did an internal check of my cervix and found that it was shortening....i was admitted overnight but got sent home the next day after they checked my cergix again. i am still suffering the pain, and i even have contractions sometimes....if you are in lots of pain, they might prescribe bedrest......it doesn't take the pain away, but it does take the edge off of it....good luck!!!
I am 24 weeks and have got the same problem.  So bad that I was admitted to hospital to have a check up.  No answers, just said that it may be scar tissue stretching pain due  to 4 lots of abdominal surgery.  I can't walk properly either as this makes it unbearable.  Let me know how you get on!
hi i am 24 weeks pregnant with mysecond baby for the past three weeks i have had severe pains in my stomach i was admitted to hospital for 3 days while they did tests only to tell me it was muscular it is now getting worse tried resting exercise everything  can think of and still it remains. i had placental abruption with my last pregnancy at 37 weeks ending in an emergency section
i am 7 weeks and 3 days pregnant and 2 days ago wich then i was 7weeks and1 day i had very sharp pains in on my whole right side it felt like when you go runing and your side starts to hurt and you haft to stop running beause of the pain hurts so bad and at times well thats how it felt. i would also have shooting pain in my stomach on the right side close to my belly button but the main pain was on my right side couldnt even hardly walk are stand  because it hurt so bad but i hadnt did this since 2 ays ago everything now everything seems ok now but scared my baby may not be ok just wanting to know is my baby ok and if any one else has had this problem i also had my doctors visit a week ago and the baby was fine then the heart beat was great but since then i had this pain worried because i go back to the doctors for my 10 week visit in 3 weeks and i am worried about my baby now but i have had no bleeding and i did have a uti infeaction a week ago at my doctors visit just finished up my uti meds the doctor gave me could it be something to do with the uti infeaction very scared but feeling ok today with no pains dont under stand whats going on i do have 2 other children never did this before while i was pregnant with them thats also why i am scared thanks
hi, i am 24 weeks pregnant, from the day i found out i was pregnant i have been having pain in my right side lower abdomen, sharp pain which i could not take, it just did not feel right, my first pregnancy didnt have anything like that, straight forward pregnancy, from the start i have been going to the doctors and here and there and without realising tht i am already 24 weeks!!mashallah!!, at the begining doctors thought i had an ectopic pregnancy and did tests and scans which showed it wasnt, the baby was in the correct place, then they thought it could be appendix, later that wasnt the case either, so they put it down to stretching etc, every now and then i get the pain but the bigger i get the further up the pain is, like at the beginning it was really low down right side and now it is near my belly button right side, accompanied with the worst pain in my back, ligament pain is horrible!!!!! im glad i have made it to 24 weeks, only 16 weeks to go!!! very excited but do get scared every now and then when the pain comes back, i also get alot of braxton hicks which is very scary because my first pregnancy i had nothing like what is happening, if u are worried about any pain especially in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy then its best to see a doctor or go strait to casualty, i bled in the first 12 weeks and thought i was having a miscarriage which was the worst feeling in the world, but the baby was fine.
hi im 24 weeks pregnant and ive been feeling lower back pains, lower adominal (abdominal) pains, pains down the whole right side of my stomach, unbearable pains wen i walk like a stabbing pain, ive started to be sick every morning, all day i will feel really sick and every now and again i feel my stomach getting so tight and bloated and it feels so uncomfortable, also i feel so tired all the time, im thinking of goin to see the doctor as i feel maybe ive done too much as i do 12 hr shifts at night as a support worker.