Maternal & Child Community
25 1/2 WEEKS PREGNANT....WORRIED ABOUT PELVIC PAIN......HELP!!!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

HI THERE!
SO I KNOW I POSTED A FEW DAYS AGO ABOUT THIS BUT I NEED MORE HELP. I RECENTLY HAVE BEEN FEELING WEIRD PAINS IN MY STOMACH, WELL I CAN'T REALLY SAY PAIN CAUSE IT DON'T HURT, JUST A TAD UNCOMFORTABLE AND IT ONLY HAPPENS EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE. I HAVE ALOS BEEN HAVING ALOT OF PRESSURE DOWN LOW AND NOW IT HURTS TO WALK, THE PAIN IS IN MY PELVIC BONE AND IT EVEN HURTS TO RAISE MY LEGS TO PUT ON PANTS. ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THIS COULD BE? I HAVE CONTACTED MY DOC. OFFICE AND I AM WAITING FOR THEM TO CALL ME BACK. ALSO LAST NIGHT I NOTICED THAT I HAD THIS SUDDEN URGES TO PEE AND YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS AFTER YOU HOLD IT FOR AWHILE, YOU KINDA FEEL LIKE YOU ARE GONNA EXPLODE, WEEL THAT  IS HOW I FELT BUT WHEN I WENT I BARELY PEED AT ALL. SO I NEED YOUR ADVICE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATTED.
TIFFANY
Firstly Tiff try not to worry, a number of things can cause this pain from water infection to baby positioning.
Your doctor will be able to give you the help and advice you need so try to relax until you see them.
I am sure everything is fine, babies do some pretty weird stuff to our bodies.

big hugs to you
xxx
Could you have a urinary track infection? They can be very painful if you are trying to pass a stone.  UTIs are common during pregnancy.

Wait to see what your doctor says.  Start a list of all your symptoms.  Is this your first baby?  Are you sure it isn't labor pains?

Good luck...you'll be in my prayers.
I am 35 weeks and the pain in your pubic bone you mentioned I have been having for a while, I don't remember when it started. Mention it to you doc the next time you go, it may just be "normal" pubic bone softening. When I mentioned it offf hand (I thought it was normal but couldn't believe no one ever mention this type of pain!) my doc was very shocked I never mentioned it before and said it is a conditoion where the pubic bone begins to seperate (not normal) and it is very painful and gets more painfull the bigger the baby gets because of the pressure he is going to put of the pubic bone (some woman have to use walkers to walk for till the end of thier pregnancies).

Here is what mine feels like...hot burning pain in the middle of my pubic bone and is painful to the  touch with minimal pressure, when I am laying in bed it hurts to roll over, and just to lift my left leg to the bent position is horrible. Tring to put pants on is a no go I need to sit down and stretch with my arms to put them on and I haven't put my own socks on for a good 4 months or more. Walking agrivates it and sitting too long does too.

I hope this is not what you have or if you do it is a mild case because it is extreemely painful! Just mention it to your doc. and keep us posted. Hugs to you.
hi,
you explained what i am going through to a t. that is exactly what i go through evryday. wow i can't believe it...i am still thinking you read my mind. i mean evrything you said is the same exact thing with me. thanks so much for your help. should i go to the doctor before my next scheduled appt, which is not till 12-6? how are you dealing with it now? will you be able to deliver naturally? sorry for so many questions.
tiffany
A lot of that sounds pretty normal for this stage of your pregnancy. The feeling in your stomach could very well be braxton hicks. And the pelvic pain, I experienced a lot with my last pregnancy. Just things stretching and relaxing. It's good to give a call to your doc. But it really sounds like everything is fine.
I have the pubic bone separation thing too and it is aweful. I had it with my last pregnancy and by the last few months could barely move. My doctor actually thought my pubic bone had broken. I am beginning to have it again with pregnancy and I am 24 weeks now. I would say it is probably the beginning of it for you. There is nothing the doctors can do for it. Mine went away a few months after I had my baby.

I am also going through the stomach pains you are talking about and i think it is just the stretching of the ligaments. You may want to get checked for a UTI though cause it sounds like you could have that too.
Yes it could be stretching going on, or baby positioned on a nerve, but contacting your doctor probably is best
I POSTED MY QUESTION IN THE OPEN FORUM IF SOMEONE COULD READ IT I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT  :)
I was just wondering how early you can start to have symptoms of pregnancy.  Sometimes my stomach feels strange.  If I am pregnant I would only be about 2 weeks can you have symptoms that early?
I would think that your pain could either be the stretching of your ligaments or Braxton Hicks.  Either way always let your doctor know!
My doc did not give me anything to help unfurtunately, I have to lay down every so often to take the pressure away and try not to sit or stand too long.

I wouldn't make another appintment just let your doc know the next time you go.

I believe that he said depending on the severity of the pain will determine the type of dilivery you will need. I am having other circumstances (hip pain not related to pregnancy amd my baby is and has been measuring big for about 2 months now) that the doc told me last week that depending on the u/s on 12/5 that I will most likely need a c-section which I am real scared to have. But every pregnancy is differant amd your doc will advise you on what they feel you should do.
well 7 years ago i had a pelvic fracture and a hip fracture now im 6 months pregnant and i been having alot of pain on my leg and hip and my lower back im really having a hard time walking sitting down and getting up, rolling over to sides it's really painful and im really scared i talked to my doctor and she said it was probably because the baby was getting bigger..
I experienced the same pain that you are descibing for the duration of my pregnancy.  I was diagnosed with PELVIC GIRDLE PAIN.  If you "GOOGLE" it, you will see symptoms and treatment....
Having experienced it myself, I found the best thing was ACCUPUNTURE.   I also wore a "BELT" for the duaration of my pregnancy.  
Unfortunately, my pain was accompanied by SCIATICA, but the good news is, the PELVIC GIRDLE PAIN went away immediately after delivering my dd.  
I remember rolling over in bed, and feeling as though my pelvis had seperated.  It hurt sooooo bad!!!!
I wish you good luck.