Maternal & Child Community
2nd cycle clomid unsuccessfull heart breaking :((((share ur experience ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

2nd cycle clomid unsuccessfull heart breaking :((((share ur experience with me

hi grils as u all know i have been trying for 2 yrs without any success doc put me on 50mg of clomid 2nd day till 6th day of periods .. but nothing happend this month it was 2nd cycle of clomid yesterday i started spotting brown spotting n from today its full flow periods it means second cycle is also unsucessful i even tried pre seed this month i dont know whats is wrong in me in my body it seems to difficult to get pregnant 1 of my cousen got married n october n she is pregnant this month she got pregnant the same mopnth shje got married.. i m happy for her but its very heart breaqking now al;l the time i think i m infertile cant make baby .. even medicive is not helping me out .. i m also confused b/c doc gave me another 3 month dose i never heard 6 month clomid course but said u should complete ur 6 months clomid course..very heartbreaking day :(( is anybody experiencing the same thing plzz share ur stories with me i m feeling alone right now:(((
It took me 3 cycles to get preggo and now I am 22 weeks!!  I was on 50mg days 3-7 and had a 31 day cycle.  They say it usually dont work until cycle 3 or more.  Dont worry, it will happen when its time.  Good luck and I hope you see a BFP next time!!!
hi, this is my 4th clomid cycle (50 mg) even i dint had sucess till now . i am in my TWW af is due on 10th so just keeping fingers crossed. heaving sore breast nausea and evn dark veins but had all these symptoms past three cd cycles also so i no more trust these symptoms. did u had all these symptoms ?
i also dont know what if this 4th cycle s also unsucessfull.
hi amey ya i had nausea  i always have sore bobed before my periods but after taking clomid specially this month before af my boobs were soo sore n nipples were swellon even my husband noticed it i also felt nausea but nothing happen i usually get my af 3 days or 7 days late but on 1st month of clomid i my af came exactly on expected date n this month af is 1 week early.in both cycles i did ovulate was montered by doc 1st cycle n in second cycle blood test showed ovulation
Hi! Dont lose hope.I have tried clomid unsuccesfully for 3 cycles as well.Best part is that i ovulate naturally but still the doc put me on clomid.Everything seems to be right with my body and system but i somehow have been unable to get pregnant inspite of trying for 9 months.I know its very frustrating especially when u see others conceiving so easily.But be optimistic bcoz sooner or later it will happen.God bless you and sticky baby dust to all ttc ladies.
It took me 3 cycles of clomid to get pregnant and although 50mg did not work for me 100mg did. Maybe ask the doc if he will up your dose.
My Dr. said that if Clomid doesn't work after three cycles, a new medicine is probably needed.  I had a friend who was one Clomid for a year, and never got pregnant.  She changed Dr.'s and starting taking some shot and got pregnant right away.  My Dr. told me that if Clomid doesn't work after 3 or 4 cycles, the chances of it working later is less than it was during the first few cycles.  You might request that your Dr. use something a little more proactive to help you get pregnant.
if your third cycle on it isn't succesful i would suggest you ask your dr. two things: 1) first of all what he thinks about upping your dosage 2) and second what about changing meds to something called letrazole/femara. when i was using clomid after my third cycle and no success my doc decided to switch me to letrazole/femara. he said usually if clomid is going to work it will within the first 3 times and if not then i may not be good candidate for clomid and sometimes people who didn't respond well to clomid respond better to letrazole. in the end i ended up getting pg. on letrazole ( i think 2nd cycle) and iui, but it ended in m/c (nothing to do with letrazole), but i just wanted to make this suggestion to you. also is your dr. monitoring your cycle. you should not just be taking clomid without being monitored and tested to make sure it's working and everything's ok and when you're ovulating. please make sure to be working with a dr. who is on top of the situation. clomid should not be just given to the patient without it being monitored!! Good Luck.
I'm sorry for your pain.  Believe me when I say, I know it really sucks and is truly painful.  Have you tried artificial insemination with clomid.  Perhaps that can be the next step rather than wasting 6 cycles of chlomid without artificial insemination.  Usually they only recommend 4-6 cycles of clomid before moving on in fertility treatments.  Just a thought.  Maybe all you need is a little boost getting the sperm up there quicker.  Good luck
Im on my 2nd round of clomid and got af today.  Im doing one more round and I have already made an appt with an R.E..no sense in wasting time...
Hi I am also on my 4th cycle of clomid still w/o any success. I understand perfectly the frustration..each time I get my AF, I go mad...My gyno has suggested to go 2 more cycles with clomid 50mg, 5-9. Hope we all get some good news soon.
hi, i am on my 2nd dose of clomid,  used robitussin this month,  straight for 1 week of ovulation with opk. tested today, due for AF tomorrow, neg pg test. i am trying to understand what i am doing wrong too. feeling hopless. know how you feel. going to start 3rd dose of clomid end of the week, don't think it will help 50mgs of clomid. let me know how it goes with you! good luck!!
I am sooo frustrated :( I have been on 2 cycles of Clomid 50mg with no luck. Everyone around me (friends & family) are getting pregnant with no problem. I am going to start my 3rd cycle again at 50mg on Jan 12. I called the Dr, but he will not up my dose. Wish me luck.........
Boy do I know how you feel...I am currently about to start my 4th cycle (150mg) of clomid. I ovulated last month (cycle day 22-23) but didn't conceive. Currently 6 people around me are pregnant, I feel like I'm going insane. My poor husband is all I have to say, having to deal with me! I think if it doesn't work this time, we are going to take a break for awhile. Keep pushing your Dr. to up the dose or try a new doc. Good luck to you!
please be hopeful.you are not alone.This is my second cycle for clomid.the first was last month and i was on clomid 100mg followed by iui but no luck.My husband is becoming so impatient and making me so stressed out .
i know exactly how you all feel, im on the third round of clomid and am currently waiting for af im on day 23 of my cycle.  Don't feel great at the moment but ive started to put this down to the clomid. Everyone seems to be pregnant around me with little bother. My consultant has prescribed me another 3 months so fingers crossed it will happen soon
I tried femara for 5 months, no luck.  I did Clomid one month days 5-9 50 mg.  No luck.  Then I was upped to 10Mg day 3-7.  I got my period after 19 days!   Then this month, I am on my 28th day and I did IUI and I still haven't gottne my period.  I took a pregnancy test on Day 26, and it was negative so I don't think I am pregnant.  My cycles have always been 23-24 days, and so this longer one got me hopeful, but I am wondering if I even ovulated at all after reading some of the other posts and looking up about Clomid.  I'm just really scared and thinking when will I ever get my baby that I want so much.  Does anyone else ever feel you can't take this much longer?
I will start my second cycle with 50 mg of clomid. With the first I didn't ovulate and I was very frustraded but also I expected it because I didn't have any pain or breast tenderness. I will be out of town for 2 months and my doctor told me to increase clomid to 100mg, but I am afraid of not being monitorated so I will just take 50 mg again and see how it works. Currently, I have 4 of my best friends expecting and everytime I am with them, I am tinking when is going to happen to me...and when I think that maybe never, I feel terrible.
I have been trying to get pregnant for last two yrs now.(Married for 6yrs).This is my second month of Clomid 100mg and today is my CD12.I took 50mg Clomid with no luck, I didnt ovulate at all,I had to take provera to get my periods this month.(I have a very irregular periods).
I am very frustrated and in great pain!!!
i did the 50mg clomid with not success.  the doctor i went to suggest that i do ivf.  where do you find a good fertility doctor.  i live in washington and the clinic i went to is NW fertility and it seems like this is the only one.  i would like to try to 100mg but i don't think the doctor will prescribe me that.  i haven't seen here in 3 months because i know she would suggest the ivf again.  i am 39 yrs old and at my breaking point on trying to conceive
How many months you took Clomid? According to my doctor after trying for 5-6 months and still if there is no luck then she asked me to go to an Infertility specialist.

Have you been monitored while taking Clomid?

Based on that they will do required tests and then increase your dose to 100mg(That’s how they did to me , last month on the CD14 and CD16  they did ovulation ultra sound  and on 22nd day checked my progesterone levels, but my bad luck my progesterone and estrogen levels were both low.

Keep me posted!
my doctor sent me to the specialist and the specialist put me on 50mg for 2 months.  after the 2 months she suggested ivf.  she said is because of my age.  i did the ultrasound during the 2 months and my folli count was 5 on one side and 9 on the other. i will be scheduling appt with my doctor to see if he can prescribe me the 100mg and if he doesn't agree i will be ordering more from the web.  
I had a Ovulation Ultra Sound today and came to know that this month also I did not ovulate. :(  I have to go for my Progestrone levels test next Friday.

Dr. said that she is going to increase my Clomid dose for next month.

Will keep you all updated!

Wish me luck !!! at least next month might wrok for me!!

I will pray for all of you out there who is going through the same pain like me.
i used to work with a lady that have 2-3 period per year.  she got her first child after 4 yrs of trying.  you will be okay.  i will be praying for you....
Thank you Pugroxie,I will do the same for you :)

Keep me posted!
i pray for u anf for myself my GOD will help u
I am 39 years old and have been on clomid for 2 cycles.  My Doctor ordered a progesterone test and I am awaiting the results.  She may up my dose later.
I took Clomid 50mg 5-9 days of cycle first time taking it no success! Now this month Feb 09 will be my second dose of clomid 100mg. Started my cycle on Friday 1-29-09.Can anyone tell me what the doctor monitors what bloodwork at what day do i do an ultrasound how may and when do i get my blood draw?

I have been taking Home Ovulation Kits for the past five months.  All of them have detected an LH surge, which indicates that I am ovulating.  Last month (February) I was not able to detect a surge, so I went to my doctor.  She did a blood test and it came back indicating that my pogesteron level was low.  What is going on?  I have always had normal periods and I have two healthy children.  Trying for another.  Any answers or suggestions?
Yes i'm a man on this thing? however I know there is nothing wrong with the both of us? soooooo why cant we have a baby. How long does it take for this stuff to work or do I have to buy more?
hi to chandra and all,

i have been diagnosed with PCOS since '02, i have been trying to get pregnant ever since. i have done clomid but no luck. it's absolutely frustrating because everyone that sees me happen to only ask the worst question to me: " so when are you getting pregnant?" Mind you, this is at my job, church, family events, it's everywhere!! all around me. i feel that's its somebodys' job right now to make sure i am not getting pregnant. i have been to about 5 baby showers this year, not including that almost all i know are pregnant. everywhere i look its pregnancy day! A lot of people say " not to think of it" but how does it stop? how do the constant questions, of "will i ever get pregnant" stop? i am emotionally, mentally and physically exhausted and i don't know how much i can take. i feel as though i am falling slowly into this depression hole that i won't be able to get out of...and i don't want to fall into that, but how do i stop it? This is just too much for me, and so ladies, i completely understand your pain and frustration. i am not happy to know that all of you and others are out there on the same position as me, but i am glad that i am able to voice this out to the public and people i don't even know at least one day in my life. I don't know how much longer i am able to hold on to the word and meaning of "hope", but i'm getting there. Best of luck to all and my deepest desire that you all get pregnant.
Take care!
I hope by now you have got your baby,,,, i am in the same situation as you were (very irregular period) and trying to concieve (conceive) for 2 years. Yesterday i start my Provera 5mg to adjust my period then i will take Clomid 50mg,, please share your current situationa and how you pass through if you got success.
I will pray for you all ladies want to be a mom like me!
Looking for some support. My 2nd cycle of clomid hasn't worked. I feel so helpless. Has anyone taken clomid for 4 cycles or more and it worked? everyone around me is pregnant and its breaking my heart. I am getting cramping but its day 35 and no period and negative pg test
hello girls, i started my first cycle of clomid last month and still dont know what happenned, anyways I really need instructions how to start the second cycle of clomid of course if the first one didnt work, my Dr explained to me but it gets so confusing sometimes, also I was on provera to induce my period, it happens that I dont get menstrual period without medicine, really need your advice how to try to make this work
thank you
I used 50mg clomid I hope it worked i cant wait till after my day28 keep doing firstresponse ept and negative .Trying for last 7y not gaveup yet.