Maternal & Child Community
2nd trimester moms...sore spots on abdomen when touched

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I have noticed for the first time today that if I press on my belly/uterus I hit a very sore tender spot.  It almost feels like the muscle is sore and when I touch it, I feel like I am pushing the baby out of the way.  I know that sounds strange and it is hard to describe.  The spot has moved today and doesn't always happen when I touch it.

Has anybody else ever had a sore/tired spot when you press on it?  I don't remember this with my DD.  I am 19 weeks.
im exactly the same.. i cant stand having the doppler pushed on my tummmy.. it hurts so much and is so tender. it is everything streching i think.
im 18 weeks 5 days.
I have it as well... especially during the ultrasound.  i asked the doctor about it, and he said it is the muscle.  
Same here, mine has been this way for several weeks, I'm now 36 weeks and still pain
Thanks for your feedback.  I was starting to surf the Internet and was worried it was a sign of Placental Abruption.  Do you guys know what causes the pain...is is the baby kicking around in a spot and making it sore or just normal stretching?  It doesn't feel like stretching to me b/c the only time it really feels sore is if I feel like I am moving "something" when I touch it.  

I did the same thing too!!
thedricks wow you r getting so close, I keep checking over here to see how u r:)
same here
he said it was area stretching farther than it wanted
I had something similar last week, but I am no where near 2nd trimester (only 6.5 weeks!).  But it was sore to the touch in the uterine area-as if it were bruised almost.  After a good night's rest mine went away.
I had the same thing throughout my pregnancy.  DD is almost 5 mos and I had the sore spots after having her for about 3-4 months.  It's the muscle stretching and I know that it's not the most pleasant thing but it goes away.
I had severe pain as well! My doctor's office kind of pushed it off as stretching. Yesterday, the pain was so intense that it doubled me over. I called and insisted on an ultrasound. The baby is 100% fine (and growing so much....such a miracle) but I do have an ovarian cyst of substantial size on my left ovary. Not really a big thing to worry about....just have to take some tylenol (which I hate to do, but...). I think most of the time the pain is just stretching,but if you assume something else call your doctor!! I'm sure glad I did so I know that it's simply a cyst and not a problem with my baby! Good luck to all!