Maternal & Child Community
2ww

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

2ww

I had my first IUI on Wed. and Thurs. It is now 4do. I am going crazy with all of the waiting. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle the 2ww?

I have never been this anxious so early in the cycle (usually I start getting anxious around day 26 or 27). As it is, I think I'll go mad before the end of the week!

Good luck girlfriend! I am 4dpo too. I just read a post saying it was way too early for symptoms, and I usually don't complain of a bunch of "symptoms", but I actually don't feel too great. Maybe I am coming down with something, but I have been cramping and I am just a little nauseous...I know it's way too early, but I sure feel it, whatever it is! :)
Can't give you any advice on the wait, except I'm here with ya!!! :)
Good luck to you both, ladies!  Maybe this is your month!  During my 2ww I did a lot of shopping and stuff to get myself out of the house and absorbed in activity so I wouldn't think so much.  Have you seen www.twoweekwait.com?
yeah the 2WW is a real blast. i know how you all feel - i'm coming to the end of mine and am so glad it's almost over, but am so nervous that af will end up showing up. if no af by tomorrow a.m. i think i'm gonna test or go to dr. for blood test. i was going to go this a.m., but chickened out (i'm at 14DPO and had 2 iuis). i wish i could suggest something that would really take your mind off the 2WW, but there's not much. like anniebrooke said shopping's always good. if there's a next 2WW for me (G-d Willing not for a while - like how about nine months or so? :)) i may need to run away. i can't concentrate on anything during the 2WW - i'm so distracted at work that i wouldn't be surprised if i'm asked to go on a long vacation :) - wouldn't mind it though - until i'm wanting to go shopping and got no cash, i guess :) anyhow keep your spirits up - this coming from a nervous wreck 2WW, but it's always easier to give advice than to actually take it. by the way about the cramping and symptoms at 4DPO - i think it's normal to have some cramping even after ovulation. i know that i've gotten it the past few months of trying and kept thinking i was feeling implantation - it would be nice if this month that's what it actually was :) we'll see. hoping to hear good news from you in a few weeks. good luck!!
Taking your bbt (temps) every morning is a good way of passing the time, watch out for a continuous high temp.
good luck and baby dust to you
xxx
Thanks, everyone. I guess I'll just have to grin and bare it! I like the shopping idea, but my husband may not. Oh well!

Good luck Baby4me! Good luck to you, too, Berko! May we all get our BFPs this month!

Baby dust!
Emcy,
Is it too late to start the temps this month at 4dpo? Or do yo have to start at cd1?
I have already been pregnant once and had a healthy girl 3 yrs ago, it took not much time at all to become pregnant with her. Now i have been trying for almost a year and nothing. I am getting very depressed about it, i really want another one. has this happened 2 anyone else??
Go to www.twoweekwait.com they have a lot of info and stories to read to keep you occupied!
Hey guys, I am also in the 2ww and I hate it! I am 8 dpo and I'm waiting til 14dpo to test because I don't want all the disappointments that go along with testing too early. I don't feel pregnant and that's the sad thing. I keep looking for signs, but there aren't any. I had implantation bleeding wth my dd, but nothing so far here yet. It was so easy with my first, now it's been since March and we're still TTC. Well, I hope this is all of our month ladies!! Baby dust to all!
I'm in the 2ww too.  I will test on Aug 4th which seems sooo far away!!!  I wonder if I ovulated early thought because I felt ovulation pains on cd8 and they have yet to go away.  I am on cd19 right now.  I have had ovary pains and cramping since my period stopped.
I'm so glad someone posted this!  I'm still waiting to test too and it's driving me crazy.  AF is due this Thursday, but I don't want to test early, I have barely gotten a positive line a few days late with my last 2 pregnancies and I'm afraid it will break my heart to get a BFN.  Hope we all get pregnant soon, this wait is really hard!  Good luck to all!
anyone else notice on the twoweekwait.com that in the early pregnancy symptoms part (you know you've looked at it!) ALL these women started having symptoms like 2 and 3 dpo? I think we TTC'ers manifest so much of this in our minds! Ok, so anyone else find themselves on the baby aisle in Target looking at newborn stuff like some sort of crazy woman??? lol!
I am also in 2ww, 10 dpo...I am hoping to wait it out until I am 18 dpo....I only have one test in the house so I want to make sure when i take it...it will be accurate and not because I am crazy and tested to early....I never knew I could be so crazy!!!  Stick baby dust to all!!!  Oh yeah...I agree with the early symptoms, I don't have any really symptoms so I don't understand how all these women have symptoms so early 2dpo and 3 dpo.  Even with my m/c I would have never known I was pregnant unless I was seven days late.....
OO Newborn isle is so darn addictive :)
That dizziness, not wildly but there, at that exact point after my IVF transfer is the first sign I had that I was indeed preggers.  I'd guess you are.  Good luck!  Annie
I had my ivf transfer done on thursday and my hcg bld test is Aug 3 i am going crazy. I am nervous tonight i felt like i could faint in the store today and i have been kinda dizzy and my regular body temp is about 99.2. Scares me. Has anyone every heard of this do you think something could be implanting. I have pressure down there but not cramps.  I am 7 dpo (or fertilization in my case) and 5 days post transfer. Good luck to all you in the 2ww and baby dust to please keep us posted on your results.
what symptoms did you have up untill you found out with pos hgc. Do you remember your firs hcg amount? This am when woke up temp was down but had small head ache. This is a roller coaster ride i know that. Thanks for repling. faith2006
Does anyone know if it is possible to become infertile if you didn't carry through with your last pregnancy?? I cannot get pregnant now! It's driving me nuts! lol can someone pls answer that 4 me Thx!
Hi! Just read your post this morning. Have you tested yet? I hope you have good news for us!!!
Did you test, did you test.  I was thinking about you as I got ready for work this morning!!  Oh, I hope, I hope, I hope you got a BFP!
ok ..my last period was july 1 or 2nd. That makes me due again on july 29 or 30th. But on sunday july 23 i had a bit of brownish spotting, only once, No more again. Is it possible to have implantation bleeding so soon, or does it only come when your period is due???
Yup, was in the Target baby aisle over the weekend!!! That is too funny!!! And I drug dh with me!!! :)
can someone pls answer my question, i'm soo confused lol...??
thx very much for your response, i hope it was implantation!!! I have been waiting long enough! lol
thanks so much for thinking of me!! that's so sweet!! i tested twice this a.m. - got negative both times, but i explained the situation in the open forum for today - i had a question about it - i only slept a few hours and drank right before bed so maybe not real fmu? :) i know, i'm grasping at straws here, but i guess that's what we do. if don't get af by tomorrow i really am going to go in to dr. for blood test - he says i can come in from 2 weeks after ovulation which was 15 days ago, but i chickened out from going in - i just feel weird. but the truth is if i am pregnant (which i really don't think i am, but still hoping anyway)i really need to know earlier rather than later cuz i need to get those heparin shots for blood clotting so really if don't get af by tomorrow a.m. (i pray she stays away for good cause)i'll go in to my dr. thanks again so much - it means so much to really see how people care!!
it sounds like it could be implantation bleeding - i never had so don't know from experience. what day past ovulation were you on july 23rd? i think implantation bleeding occurs (when it occurs that is) about 5-10 dpo (something like that, but don't know for sure). good luck!! keep us posted -  hope you get that bfp this month!!
It is possible that it was implantation bleeding. I think you would implant between 7-12dpo. Good luck, I hope it was!!!
no luck again ....my boobs are not sore anymore so i know my period is coming...wow this is a huge downer
My boobs are really sore so I am not sure what to make of it all... I will test Sunday morning with the FREP
Tested and a BFN but no AF so it isnt over yet :) on to another day.