Maternal & Child Community
3 d and nuclear medicine in pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

3 d and nuclear medicine in pregnancy

Hello I am new to this site:)  I am now 36 weeks pregnant and earlier when i was about four months preg, i had to have one chest x ray and nuclear medicine done on me bacause my doctor thought i might have a blood clot in my lung.  I also have had a 3 d ultrasound done and i am now finding out that they have huge risks.  All of my ultrasounds look great but i still have that question in the back of my head... is everything going to be o.k?  does anyone know the long term affects of nuclear medicine and 3 d ultrasounds?
Tags: pregnant
I am almost certian x-ray's are a no no but if your doctor knew you were pregnant maybe the threat of a clot was worse then the risk of harm to the baby?  If it makes you feel better my MIL said that when she was pregnant with my BF (he is a twin) they took an x-ray to see they were twins.  That was also 33 years ago.

On to the nuclear meds?  I was scheduled for a stress test last month and 2 weeks late for my AF - they would not do it. I was pretty sure I was not pregnnat but just that chance they said was a danger.  This was a blessing because I found when I did go back for the stress test two weeks later when I did get my AF that I would not be able to even hold my baby for 72 hours due to the nuclear stuff that would be still be coming from my body.

I obviously refused it then and I am now on a 24 hour a day heart monitor from cardionet.  Can you imagine - not holding your baby for 72 hours?
Good Luck I am sure you are fine.