Aa
A
A
Close
3 d and nuclear medicine in pregnancy
Hello I am new to this site:)  I am now 36 weeks pregnant and earlier when i was about four months preg, i had to have one chest x ray and nuclear medicine done on me bacause my doctor thought i might have a blood clot in my lung.  I also have had a 3 d ultrasound done and i am now finding out that they have huge risks.  All of my ultrasounds look great but i still have that question in the back of my head... is everything going to be o.k?  does anyone know the long term affects of nuclear medicine and 3 d ultrasounds?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
165078 tn?1255610007
I am almost certian x-ray's are a no no but if your doctor knew you were pregnant maybe the threat of a clot was worse then the risk of harm to the baby?  If it makes you feel better my MIL said that when she was pregnant with my BF (he is a twin) they took an x-ray to see they were twins.  That was also 33 years ago.

On to the nuclear meds?  I was scheduled for a stress test last month and 2 weeks late for my AF - they would not do it. I was pretty sure I was not pregnnat but just that chance they said was a danger.  This was a blessing because I found when I did go back for the stress test two weeks later when I did get my AF that I would not be able to even hold my baby for 72 hours due to the nuclear stuff that would be still be coming from my body.

I obviously refused it then and I am now on a 24 hour a day heart monitor from cardionet.  Can you imagine - not holding your baby for 72 hours?
Good Luck I am sure you are fine.
Comment
Cancel
165078 tn?1255610007
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources