3 days late w/contractions 10 mins apart
My due date was the 6th and it's the 9th today at about 9:30 pm. I started having contractions at about 9:30 am, 12 hours ago, and they've consistantly been about 10 minutes apart, my last two were 8 minutes apart. I wasn't really concerned until about 4 hours ago when they started getting really intense, as they are now. I was told not to call the Dr. until they were 5 mins apart, but I'm in quite a bit of pain, I just don't want to go to the hospital too early and have to be in a bed for hours before anything happens. Any advice??

-angel
i was 3 days late with contractions starting at like 5 mins apart! but we were told to wait (by one doctor) until i had them for 2-3 hours! nuts. but i called and i got a different doctor and she told me since i was overdue to come right to the hospital and not wait. i would go early. i dont think they would really send you home since your 3 days late
Out of curiosity, what made you decide to find a website on the Internet to ask this question?
I had contractions at the end for the last few weeks, they would get close to 6 mins apart and they did hurt.  I did leave work one day as I was doubling over and began to throw up and was sweating, they did stop, and I never did make it in, but I was close to it at that point.  I hate to say it, but the 8 min apart ones are still kinda far, and when they really kick in they will be right on top of each other.  Call your Dr., don't search the web.  Chances are they will keep you in if you are overdue.  Good luck!