3 month old with cough
lfb
My 3-month-old DD has had a cough for the last two days.  It is almost like she just has phlemn in her throat and doesn't know how to clear it.  My older DS has been sick with a sinus infection.  I also teach kindergarten and many of my students have been sick.  I just keep waiting for her to get sick.  Anyway, she is not running fever and is sleeping and eating good.  She acts fine, she just starts rattling a little bit until she coughs and then she sounds fine again.  My question is, should I call or take her to the doctor or do you think she is fine?  I am kind of paranoid and tend to go to the doc too much!  I just don't know anything about RSV or anything like that but I assume she would be feeling bad or have a fever if she was sick.  What are your thoughts?
THe only other thing I would worry about is whooping cough. That can start out minor then escalate. But I am assuming she has gotten the shot for this DTaP, they usually get it at 2 months.
lfb
She is current on her shots.  
You can always call the peds office and talk to the advice nurse.  I'd err on the side of bringing her in, but if she's eating and acting fine, you would also probably be fine to wait.  

Although remember that many of these things seem fine in the daytime, and then at 1am, they tend to worsen!  
I would suggest if she isnt current on her shots try and keep her away from other kids as much as possible...even your son. Since your around kids all day just make sure and wash your hands as much as possible.  
Max has a cough too. He's been congested since birth. Our ped prescribed some Donatussin (sp). He told us to take it as I see needed, but not to over do it. I've given it once is all, but it seemed to work. Do you have any saline drops? I give those a few times a day because his nose is usually what is rattling even when I think it's his chest. I'd call your doc! :)