3 months late and using bc....negative hpt.HELP!
I have been on BC for over 4 years to regulate my periods. I take the pills at the same time everyday. I've never missed it. This last year on it my periods have been very irregular they will come a few days late and stay a few days longer then they should. Well starting in August I had what my Dr told me was "breakthrough" bleeding (I bled for 26 days that month non-stop). In September no period, my dr said that is normal on BC to skip a month. In October, no period, again the Dr said it is normal. Now here is it November and I am 5 days late this month. I have taken 2 home pregnancy tests in September both neg, 2 in October both neg, and I took on this morning which was neg. What do I do? I have notice that in the last three months I have been eating non stop, I have sore breasts, I am more tired than usual, and I can cry a lot easier than normal. My husband and I don't use any other protection besides the BC. We would love to have a baby, but with my PCOS I know getting pregnant on our own won't happen. 4 years ago we did try Clomid for a year and nothing happened. I was told by my dr that to get pregnant I would have to use IVF. Could my dr be wrong? Could I be pregnant now? Could the home pregnancy tests be wrong? Why won't my dr do a blood test like I asked? Is it normal to skip 3 months of periods on BC? Help please!
Well, what I can tell you is that if you are 3 months late and were pregnant, absolutely a pregnancy test would be positive now.  No possible way you would continue to get negatives.  So I think it's probably pretty safe to assume you are not.

As for the skipping periods and other symptoms, I do know some women have trouble with the pill.  Also, PCOS does cause irregular periods, and many women with PCOS will go prolonged periods of time with no period.  It may just be taking your body awhile to adjust to the hormones as well.  If you are not satisfied with your Dr.'s response, I would seek another opinion.  All the best to you.