Maternal & Child Community
3 white dots boy or girl
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

3 white dots boy or girl

Hi,
I would really like to have your opinion on whether you think this is a boy or girl? This is my 16 week scan.

(http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/37aefd1624490). Doctor said it's early so she wouldn't like to confirm yet but she's quite sure that's it's a boy (3 dots in a triangle or 3 leaf clover form). I am however a bit confused as I've read almost everywhere that this might indicate a girl ?

I would really appreciate your thinking in this matter, as I'm allready trying to bond and it will help knowing if I'm talking to a Zoë or Mikhail... ;-)
Related Discussions
17 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
187316_tn?1386360282
Honestly maybe it is just me but I can't see ANYTHING in that picture other than the head and body. It really looks like a side shot to me... do you have any of its bum? :)
Blank
172826_tn?1292440112
i agree...but you are right someone p-osted something similar last week or so and apparently the 3 white dots turn into 3 white lines and it does mean girl...do you get anyther us when you are farther along??
Blank
Thanks for replying! I know the scan is a bit grainy - scanners on the brink ;-)

I circled the bits for you in the image so hopefully you can see...
http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/620ca71625137

I really appreciate your opinions!
Blank
Yes, I'm due for another us on the 20th...that seems so far away though, and there's absolutely no guarantee that the LO is going to let me take a peek then, my son kept me waiting untill almost right at the end (LOL).
Blank
172826_tn?1292440112
well maybe its your babys position but it doesnt really looklike a boy to me...ive heard many have found out for boy at 16 WEEKs i found at 18 weeks we were havin a boy...

http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/ultrasounds/l/bluspic2aaz.htm.. thats a girl at 16 weeks looks a lil familiar...
http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/ultrasounds/l/bluspic2aaaaaae.htm this is a clear bpy at 17 weeks it looks clear versus the 16 week one this site has but looks exactly like that at 16 weeks so good luck
Blank
I'm obviously (;D) a bit confused, my boy's bits (when at last I got to see them) looked nothing like this, so I am very curious why the doctor said a boy... maybe it was to early for her to tell? Looks like I'll just have to curb my compulsion to start buying, keep talking the the "LO" (no names ;D) and keep my fingers crossed to see something during the next us. Thanks bunches for the extra pics and info. I'm slurping up anything I can get at the moment! When's your due date?
Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
My girl had 3 distinct lines not dots, hmmm, I guess it's a surprise!
Blank
172826_tn?1292440112
noproblem...its the least i could do..we could well i could not believe it was a boy it seemed sooo big lol...on the us it was actually pretty funny..my little one is now 11 weeks old we found out in april he was a lil boy and was born sept12th...are you guys hoping for a girl or boy...at least the us is soon so good luck...:) I have a movie of my lil one so i will never forget it and i can look at him anytime i want to...
Blank
your scan is rough. but it looks more like girl, but no bets here.  Three white dots is ....well not an accurate way of telling anything other that the scanner has light leeks and needs to be cleaned or repaired. (sorry)   Did your Dr. mention a 3-D scan ?  or a test of the fluid around the baby? They usually wont do this unless there is a medical reason..high risk for medical problem..goos luck I am sure you will be happy which ever it is.  
Blank
Hi girls,

Thanks for the input, The three white dots were shown more than once in the scan right between the legs, so I don't think that there's something wrong with the scanner. I will get a 3-d scan, only at 34 weeks and that still feels like ages to go! I just hope he/she will give us a peek the next us, it should be a bit more developed down there anyways ;D. Doesn't really matter to me any which way, just VERY curious to know and like most I'm very impatient this time around!

Blank
147172_tn?1226761778
I was told at 13 weeks, my nuchal testing that 3 dots means a girl.  They said they were 80% sure.  Well, I had a girl.  I did have an amnio later on for other reasons that re-confirmed that but I to everyone I was having a girl after that first result.  Cngrats either way!!  
Blank
My u/s at around 15 weeks looked very similar to what you have right now and I was told it's a boy. At around 23 weeks I went in for another u/s and you could clearly see his boy parts!!! Good luck.
Blank
Well  I have 2 daughters and each time there were 3 white dots down there on the pic.  I was told this is their female reproductive organs you are seeing.
my friends pic of her son didn't have 3 dots.
Blank
would you mind posting your scan if you can... I would love to compare!
Blank
Were the dots on your girls' scans anything like mine? I don't see how the two bottom dots can be the "nuts" if they haven't descended yet?
Blank
you know i looked at your pic, and it's not exactly what mine looked like.  which my daughters were good, they gave us a good view when the ultrasound was getting done.  But the 3 dots they had were very visibal.  they looked like someone made 3 dots with white out.  well here this is what our three dots looked like they were in an upside down triangle.  
If I were a betting person I don't think you are having a little girl, but 4 months is still a bit early.
Hopefully he or she will give a better angle next ultrasound you have.
Lets see if you have a little boy when you go back to get another ultrasound done.  
Blank
Thanks, we'll hopefully have a look see soon ;-)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank