Maternal & Child Community
30 Weeks pregnant..having alot of lower backache..need help?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

hi ladies,
i have a question and i know i need to contact my doctor and i have i am waiting for someone to call me back. i will be 30 weeks along tommorrow, but my u/s i had done last time i the baby was a week ahead, so i guess i could be 31 weeks along. anyway on to my question, today has been a rough day, i have been having a dull ache in my lower back and now i am having slight cramping in my lower abdomen. i don't understand what this could be, the pain is not unbearable, just a tad uncomfortable. any help would be nice, thanks in advance for your help.
tiffany
Hi, we're about the same time in our pregnancies. I'm due early March. I have backaches too, specifically because my stomach is so far in front of me it strains the muscles that hold me upright. I bought a chair massager on ebay and it really helps. I know when I'm stressed the achiness gets worse so I try to take deep breathes and remain calm most of the time (hard - I'm very emotional these days). I've also been experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions since early on. They range from a crampy feeling to full on "this is what labor starts out like" tightness across my tummy. It's good to check w/doc incase preterm labor is the cause but there's a good chance he'll say it's normal. Do you have soreness in your inner thighs close to your pelvis? Mine feel like I've been exercising for days straight or something, they hurt so bad! Nothing helps, not resting, stretching, or anything it comes back every day and sometimes wakes me up when I turn over at night. The movement of turning over makes it worse. It's almost over though!
hi,
when are u due? i am due March 8. I guess we are going through the same thing, yes i do have the soreness in my inner thighs. I have problems turning over in bed and putting on pants while standing up. I too have been experiencing the Braxton Hicks contractions. I guess i have been overwhelmed today and i am trying to take it easy but i have 3 other kids here, 2 of which are mine and one i am sitting for. Also i am having a girl this time, me and my DH have 3 kids, 2 girls and 1 boy.
Tiffany
Lower back aches are usually totally normal especially since you're that far along.
My original due date is March 16 but my most recent sonogram showed March 9. I'm supposed to be having a girl too and I have a daughter who's almost 5. I can't put pants on either without pain - that's funny! I received a concrete coffee table my DH grandfather had made way back - I put it at the end of the bed so I can sit low to get dressed. Even the bed is to high. I did read an article (can't remember where) that said trying to move or work through the pain will make it worse. My DH has a tendency to think if it hurts just push through it, but not with this problem. I really feel for you with the kiddos around, I've had little patience for children this time around. With the first I wanted to see and hold babies and play with children - now I'm like NO WAY. I guess I feel pressured to relax and enjoy the easy life before this child arrives! Did you want 3 in the first place or decide after the 2nd? My DH and I are seriously considering calling this the last time - he's scared he'd get 3 girls!
I would check with your doctor but I was going through the same thing.  Mine was a combination of my bones pulling apart preparing for birth and braxton hicks contractions which were centered in the back.  Just hang in there, it will be over soon.
I have weird dreams too! The baby is born in odd places, looks funny (like too big of head or extra arm), or even once that my DH was coming after me in a not so nice way. My skin breaks out - I get a pimple a day at least. I haven't had any blotchiness but the way you can see my veins through my skin my DH says I look like I belong in an anatomy class. My first pregnancy people were so much more interested - now their like ya ya you've done this before. Even the doc is so laid back. Good luck to you guys!
Im also around 30 weeks, my due date being 6th of march, but i was also told on my last scan that i was a week further along, so not sure if the due date is 6th march or 28th feb. and im also having a girl. this is my first pregnancy and boy i didnt think it would be this hard, so i dont know how you cope with having to look after your other kids!
Have you had any skin changes? I have these horrible blotches on my cheeks, like all my freckles have joined, which some days is worse than others.
Also I have been having really weird dreams, like last night I dreamt my daughter was born but then she turned into a crayfish (which we call yabbies in australia) my hubby laughed so hard and said that yabbie can be her nickname now lol.
anothergirl,                                                             well i have always wanted kids but i never really thought i would end up with four, which i am very grateful for. i didn't think i would be able to handle it but i do pretty good. i feel very blessed to be able to have 4 but no it really wasn't planned. i guess it was one of those things where you didn't know you wanted it till you got it and now i can't imagine my life with just 1 or 2 kids. they say third times a charm, at least it was for me. i had 2 girls then my boy and now having another girl. good luck to you and i hope the pain gets better, for both of us....lol. my doctor seems to think this is normal but wants me to keep an eye on it and try to relax and keep our fingers crossed we don't end up at the hospital this weekend due to premature labor. def. keep me posted on how u r doing.
tiffany

everybody,
thanks to all of you who took time out to answer my question, it is much appreciatted. doc says it could be normal but said to relax and keep on eye on it. i have an appt. next wednesday so he will check to see if i am dialating or not and i really hope i am not. don't want to have this preciuos(sp?) darling too early. good luck to all the TTC'S out there. new year brings new hope!
Tiffany
hi there, wow so many girls. as far as skin changes....well i look like a teenager again. i actually have more pimples now than when i was a teenager. yes, skin blotches are very normal. i know being this is your first you worrying about everything, i know i did, that is normal too. try to relax and enjoy, you will never be this spoiled again...lol. wow that was a weird dream but also very natural...i got a chuckle out of it, not meaning that in a bad way. i just thought i was the only one with weird dreams. anyway good luck to you and i hope you keep us posted.
tiffany
I'm in the same boat, I am almost 32 weeks, the baby is breech and her head is in my rib cage so it REALLY hurts!  But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I am scheduled for a c-section 7 weeks from today!!!!!!
Hi folks!  Well, well, well.  I thought I'd share some of the joyous symptoms I am getting at 29 weeks.  My skin resembles a pre-pubescent who exists on burgers and I swear this little bub is a trainee kick boxer.  Bub almost booted my lunch up before - lol.  I am also having the most amazing night sweats, waking 3-4 times, drenched and having to turn the quilt over (much to the delight of my DB!)...  

Finally, as others have said, by all means share your thoughts and experiences (how else do we learn) but also be aware that there are a lot of people on some sites who give horror stories which you should ignore.  Pregnancy & Birth is a wonderful, natural and beautiful experience but it helps to learn as much as we can beforehand to put our minds at rest.  

Lots of love to all you mummies to be and all the little tiny bubs sleeping in their tummies.

Plumski, UK xxx