Maternal & Child Community
30 weeks and 4 days and very uncomfortable

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Is anyone else close to my weeks uncomfortable.  My hips hurt, I am tired, sore and putting on socks is a struggle ( I could go on).  My baby is Large for gestational age and I am a bit worried.
Physcially this pregnancy is taking its tole and I am just seeing if there is anyone out there who can co-miserate with me.
I'm 35 weeks pregnant now but have been having these same problems since I hit the 30-week mark.  My main problem is the hip pain at night, can't get comfortable, etc.  I can't believe I've still got five weeks to go, I just don't see how I could get any MORE uncomfortable.  My baby is also measuring three weeks ahead, so maybe that's why we're more uncomfortable sooner.  hang in there!
I'm 21 weeks and I already feel bigger than the bigger watermelon :) I don't know what I'm gonna do when I hit 30 weeks.. my back hurts me really bad and sometimes I get a really strong heartburn, but most of the time I'm fine.. I just feel SO big already!
My doc told me it's not a matter of getting comfortable at this point, it is a matter of getting less uncomfortable.  :(  I have heard good things about the pregnancy pillows they sell at Babies R Us (and doubtless other places).  They look like a fat snake, and you coil them around to relieve the pressure points.  I think they cost about $45, but if I had known about them at my 30th week I would have definitely bought one.
Aw, I'm 29 weeks 4 days and feel about the same.  I sailed through to the last month totally content with my first one and didn't feel like this till around 36 weeks, and he was over 10 lbs. at birth.  With this one I have been aching for a little over a week, have lots of cramping and back pain (Dr. checked me out and said I was okay).  Nights are bad, I get up at least 4 times a night to pee and have to keep switching sides that I lay on because of the back and hip pain.  My Dr. said it's normal to kick in this early.  My little one is measuring big too, and my uterus is as high as it can get, according to my Dr.  My little one kicks up to my underwire of my bra when I sit down.  I was told all I can do is grow out.  Ouch!  Anyway, it's worth it, and while socks are hard to get on, all of my shoes slip on, no heels!  Everyone at work totally loves it and they have even gotten a gopher to help me pick up things.  I don't use it because I still feel like it is for old people, but they do get a kick out of watching me.  After my son came, I did miss my belly a little, so I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can, and I whine to my poor dh whenever I need too.  Just think, not much longer.  If we felt great the whole time, we would not look forward to labor, at least not me.  Good luck and hang in there, we don't have too much time left!
Well i'm 30wks and I can understand completely! i have sciatica a lot sometimes i have to drop everything in my hands to stand up straight without falling...have had 2 episodes of preterm contractions once at 25wk and the last time at 28wks in which they gave me a shot to stop them etc...he wants out early i guess..anyhow sleeping has been very uncomfortable, between my legs hurting and having to stretch them constantly...my stomach always needs a lift now up onto my pillow so its not heavy feeling ugh...my back aches..i have headaches and heart burn everyday..the list goes on..and my gall baldder has been killing me..with a pain below my BB's on the right side of my sternum ugh we have 10wks to go or less depending on what our babies decide lol good luck girls
im 31 weeks and i have to say its been rough, i dont sleep much pillows dont work and my heartburn is terrible. i have been looking for solutions to the sleep issue but no luck yet. I feel that i will miss being pregnant when its all said and done, ill miss the kicks and bond but it will be better when she is in my arms and off of my bladder :).. the doctor says she is breech and the hardest part about that is im 5'2 and she is 14 inches so you do the math..