Maternal & Child Community
32 week checkup update/Open Forum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

32 week checkup update/Open Forum

Hi all, I just got back from my 32 week appointment and everything is looking great and right on target.  I have gained 22lbs and my blood pressure is good.  I am a little over 32 weeks and the baby is measuring at 31 week so she said I won't have too big of a baby.  She also said Gavin is about 3.5 lbs now!  The baby is head down and we located his butt as well, it's where I've always suspected, to the right side on my tummy.  I can tell because it's the biggest bump I've felt and he is not shy to stick it out!
Dolly
I am so glad everything is going well with your pregnancy.  I am 7wks and going through all day sickness.  Hope everything continues going well and that your baby will be blessed.
That's good! Good job on the weight gain! All baby! only 8 weeks to go. Maybe you'll have a Thanksgiving baby! : )
Im glad everything is good.  When are you gonna post more belly shots on yahoo??  And more pics of Gavin's room?
Not fair!
I'm 38.3 weeks and only 70 effaced, not dialated :(
Congrats to you though...
I've always heard babies can gain up to 1/2 pound a week in the last month.
Wow, you are making progress.  Will they check mine at my next appointment?  I will be 34 weeks.  I think the last month, the baby gains 1/2 lb a week but I maybe wrong.
i am 33wks today and have an u/s scheduled for next week because the one i had when i was 30wks said the little one measured 4lb3oz.  i guess my little one's not going to be so little. :)
Congrats,it's getting closer.I'm happy everything is fine.I saw your pics on yahoo there great I'm new so don't know how to post pics but will soon.((hugs))Nanis
Thanks!  You will just have to creat your own album and upload the pics from your computer.  Let us know how it goes!
Some doctors wait until 36 weeks to start doing the internal exams, but you could ask your doctor to do it at 34 weeks if you want. My Dr did my group b strep test at 34 weeks and since we were there, he just checked my cervix too. It sounds like everything is going really well for you, that's great. I can't believe we are almost there.
OIC, I think she will check me if I want her to.  I am anxious to know if I make any progress by 34 weeks like you did.  I probably won't but doesn't hurt to try.
We are very close, and your due date is when?
I am not going to be happy if I miss my Thanksgiving turkey (LOL), but if he wants to be a Thanksgiving baby then it's all up to him.  My EDD is Nov 15 so I have another week before my worst case senario will happen!
I will post some more pics the end of the week, it's been chaotic and have no time to do anything.
Hope you all preggers are doing great as well!
Baby dust to all TTCers.
that's great everything went well for you....if he's small then you mighten go through alot of pushing that should be good for you....:)  you seem very excited great for you honey...:)
Congratulations! How exciting.

I just got back from my 36 week appointment and the Doctor said I am 1-2 cm and 75% effaced. At 34 weeks I was only 1 cm and not effaced at all. So I guess progress is good.however, my Dr said he thinks my baby is 6-6 1/2 pounds already at 36 weeks. Wow, I surely hope she doesn't get too much bigger. Does anyone know how much more babies gain in that last month. If she gains too much more, I'd really hope to have her early. Eeh!
Wow, you are almost there and you are making such great process too.  Is this your first?  My EDD is Nov 15, 54 more days, I can't wait.  Did you go to a birthing class?
Yes, this is my first. I'm a little nervous but mostly just so excited. I did go to a birthing class. Some people say they're a waste of time etc, but my DH and I really had a good time and learned a lot. Maybe we're just social people though. But they give a lot of info, gave us a tour and answered all of our questions about everything and anything. I really found it helpful. I may be crazy, but I'm also going to try it without drugs (Eek!) but also being open to getting drugs if I need it once I'm there. they showed a lot of videos (birth, c-sections, you name it) and although some were kind of graphic and scarey, it really made us feel alot more prepared no matter what happens. It probably depends on the hospital a lot too whether the classes are put together well or not though.
   Well, have a great weekend, I'm about to head home form work.
My due date is Oct 20th. I was really hoping that my baby doesn't come too early. I am going to quit my job after my baby is born, but I was also hoping to get paychecks for as long as possible too. Either way, a healthy baby is all I really want.
When is your due date?