Maternal & Child Community
32 weeks and carpal tunnel

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

32 weeks and carpal tunnel

I have been experiencing a dull achy feeling in both my middle fingers on both hands.  I was just wondering if this could be the development of carpal tunnel?  Has anyone had carpal tunnel during their pregnancy and what were your signs/symptoms?
yes, I had it in one of my pregnancies for the last few months. It feels like stiff fingers and joints and it hurts in the wrist area too. They told me it was common in pregnancy. I wore a wrist guard  that helped at night. I could barely use my hands to do anything.

I have had 5 babies and it only happened during one pregnancy. It went away a few weeks after delievery.