Maternal & Child Community
32 weeks with top abdominal pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

32 weeks with top abdominal pain

I'm 32 weeks pregnant, I've been having sever abdominal pain at the top of my belly like right below the breasts.
Is this normal? It was hurting so bad that my back was killing me.
Is it your first? It may well be the streching of your muscles and ribcage.  As you said it hurts your back as well, it my be the ribcage opening up as well.  I had a large baby and I accually got stress fractures in my ribs from the pregnancy and feeding.  The little bone at the end of my sternum was pushed out at right angles to my chest and has never returned to normal. It felt like you are describing.  Nothing anyone can do at this stage.  Is your AFI normal (amniotic fluid levels)? Expecting a big baby? No gestational diabetes? Might want to check these things at your next visit.  If nothing else, I can sympathize, and hope the remainder of your preg goes quick!
If you are 32 weeks pregnant, and describing "severe" abdominal pain, you need to immediately call your doctor.

Minor aches and pains can be expected during pregnancy, but no pain should ever be described as severe.  If it is, it needs to be evaluated right away.