33 weeks pregnant with bad stomach pains

I am 32 weeks and 5 days pregnant Today I woke up at 6:00 am with cramping in my upper stomach.  I thought it would suside but as i started to walk around it got worse. These sharp pains were horrilbe.  I went to the washroom for a BM (wasnt diarrhea about 30 min later I had diarrhea.  

After that I just couldnt stand it.  I layed down and every so often these pains would come and go (not on a regular basis).  I did not have to have any other BM's.

I called my doctor and they told me to go in.  Once I arrived they monitored the babys heart, all was well.  They had me on a machine for about 20 min and during that 20 min I only had one contraction (normal they said).. better yet, a nurse was present during my pains and said my upper stomach was not hard (eaning no contraction) I decided to go home.

Does anyone know why this could happen?  I havent eaten anything today and nothing unusual yesterday.  Since ive been home I felt a little pressure while peeing (but none earlier and the nurse confirmed that i was not dilated yet)

Since ive been home, these are the pains ive had:

12:11-12:13
12:15
12:17-12:19
12:29
12:37

1:01-1:02
1:17-1:19
1:20,21,22

2:17-2:19
2:31

3:06-3:07

This is my second cild. my first is 6 and I had a great pregnancy.  he was born at 39 weeks and in only 3 hours.

any suggestions? thanks so much

Kristem
still in so much pain.. they subsided a ;ittle but feel ad again
I had a lot of pain in my stomach when I was about 35 weeks.  I really thought I was going into labor (if I only knew how much worse the labor pains were going to be!)  The only thing that helped me was taking some Tums, or something warm  (warm bath, heating pad, etc.)  I also timed mine since I thought it was labor.  To this day, I still don't know what caused it.