Maternal & Child Community
33 weeks pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

33 weeks pregnant

I recently visited my ob on 11/28/06 being 32 weeks 2 days pregnant, (2nd child) was told baby weight 4 lb 9 0z I have had a normal pregnancy. No reports of anything abnormal. I also see a maternal fetal medicine Doc every other month being age 40. I just saw him on 12/8 in which he states I am 32 weeks 2 days and the baby was 3lb 9 oz, (also had the stress test which the baby and me passed with no problems).  He showd concern and wants to see me now every week to make sure the weight does not drop. Upon leaving that office on 12/8 I immed called my ob to state the findings that the Mat Doc mentioned and the OB will be seeing me today 12/11/06 @ 3pm. Since friday it has felt like an eternity just to get to Monday, I have been on the internet all weekend before my husband pulled the plug. My LMP is 4/25/06 and due date per OB is 1/27 - 2-05 ? I need some advice Girls anyone that can
Where the weights doen with an u/s.  they always say they can be a pound off either way.  I know with my second at my last ultra sound they said he weighed 6lbs.  Ten weeks later he was born at 8lbs 12 oz.  so they can be off.  I think it also depends roughly what your 1st baby weighed.  I would try not to worry to much--the specialist may be going with the lower weight just so he can gauge a delivery program for you.
When I found out i was preg 5/06 i went to ob and he pinned the lmp and due date on file and so did the maternal Fetal doc so up until  just 12/8 has the actual weeks pregnant changed from the Fetal doc my ob still as of 11/28 had me down as 32 weeks I see my ob 2x a month and ultras r always down for weight, but on 12/8  when i saw the fetal doc i was thrown off loop to be told i was 32 weeks and 2 days and the weight was 3 lb 9 oz I guess the question i should say is how does a fetus lose weight in 3rd tri ?
Well, I want to thank everyone for giving me input on my questions,I feel somewhat very interested to see what now the ob has to say  :)) today Monday. I am new to this forum and I will definetly be back with updates. i live in long Island NY. Talk to yall when I return got to pack up Jr. he is 16.5 months. Thanks Again everyone  :)) :))
Hi Guys, well I just came home from my OB he states i am 33 weeks 5 days and the weight showed 4.3 in the 10th percentile. I have to go back on friday to see the maternal fetal doc. Lets hope my ob sends his reports so when I get there on friday 12/15, records jive My due date is 1/30/2007. I am open to any one that has been thru anything similar, or anyone due around the same date :)) :))
I delivered my first 7/23/05 and the weights were not off by just oz's. He was 7.5 and at his first peadtr visit, his weight was 7 lbs
i wouldn't rely too much on those u/s when it comes to estimating the weight of the baby.  I had my dr's appt 4 days before I had my DD and she told me that the baby already weighs 6 1/2 lbs.  Guess what? 4 days later I had our DD weighing at 5.7 lbs.  All I'm saying is that they can be definitely off.
I am due 1/31/07, but depending on how big the baby is looking, my Dr. may induce me a week to a week and a half early. This is my second full term pregnancy and my first son was 9lbs, 3oz and 1 day late. The Dr. thought he was only going to be around 8lbs.