Maternal & Child Community
34 Weeks Pregnant, Here Comes Floaters!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

34 Weeks Pregnant, Here Comes Floaters!

I have been having a normal pregnancy, except for my eyes. I am 38 weeks pregnant and for about 3-4 weeks now, I have been experiencing see through floaters with dark spots in them. I also have sensitivity to light and trails of light after I see something bright. My eyes seem like a fuzzy TV channel.  Is this normal or could this be a more serious problem? And why are they see through expect for those certain  faded black spots on them. My eyes also seem dry and itchy.I have more in my left eye than the right. I had an eye infection in my left eye about 5 weeks ago before the floaters, could this be why the floater have occured in both eyes? Or is it pregnancy related? How would I know the difference? I have stated wearing glasses instead of contacts since the eye infection. I have had eye infections before but never floaters. Will they ever go away?
Tags: eyes, floaters
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I suggest you see an Opthalmologist (not an optometrist).
Blank
193609_tn?1292183893
Are you 34 weeks like the title says, or 38 weeks like the message says???
Blank
you really should let your ob know.  vision disturbances can be a sign of pre eclampsia but it can also come along with water retention.  i still have black floaters after my son was born almost 10 yrs ago.  it gets worse at times but always there, that doesnt mean it will happen to you.  consult your dr right away especially if you have headaches, swelling of the face and hands.
Blank
130384_tn?1221596627
Definitely tell your doctor like the ladies above said because you're nearing the end of pg and it could be a sign of a problem.  I saw floaters while pg with DD but they started early - like 14 weeks.  I told my doctor and he found no signs of other problems and we just watched it throughout the pregnancy.  They are really annoying!   They went away after I had her.  I don't remember how long it took, maybe a couple of weeks.

Good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank