Maternal & Child Community
34 weeks (crotch muscles achy)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

34 weeks (crotch muscles achy)

I will be 34 weeks on wed, and was walking alot yesterday, don't normally walk or stand so much.  Anyways we were on alot of stairs and just walking also.  I feel like someone has kicked me really hard in the crotch, like where your hips meet your thighbones.  Anyways it's not the bones it's the muscles, they are just so sore, like if I stand up or move my legs up on the couch or something.  It's like achy feeling.  My mil kept thinking i was having contractions but I don't think I was I mean it hurt but I wasn't dying or anything, just a little painful.  Not a crampy feeling just achy.  I didn't do to much last night and today did some cleaning, but she did most of it, (house is on the market) so we have to stay on top of things.  Anyways just wondering if it's just stretching because I am getting closer to labor time (6 weeks or so), or if it's just from walking around more then normal and climbing stairs way more then normal.  Anyone else going through this, I mean the baby is moving around and all so not worried about that.  just wondering if this really is a sign of labor or just normal pregnancy pains from working to hard. lol  I don't want to go to the ER, I can call my dr tomorrow, but didn't want to bother him if it's something we all just have to go through.  i don't think I have lost the plug or anything and I haven't been checked for dilation, he did say the head was down last Thursday, but that's not much since they can rotate back and fourth for the next few weeks.  Sorry so long thinks in advance.
if you are having contractions you uterus will get very tight and then relax. and sometimes can feel like menstrual like cramping. if that is what you are feeling and you are having more than 6-8 in an hour you should propably call you doc. you generally will not feel it in your 'crotch'. sounds like normal pregnancy discomfort and soreness from the extra activity.
ME TOO, i thought it was just me... I swear it feels like muscle aches or something and at night when I can't get comfortable tossing and turning I feels/hurst so bad... I wish I knew how to ease the pain but I don't lucky for me I only have 3 days until my induction, I hope you feel better soon
Yeah if you were having contrations like rita said it would be in the lower abdomal area and it will be painfull. I'm 38 weeks pregnant and I know exactly what you mean I also had the same thing with my other 2 kids and had asked the doctor and they said its either from me streching or the baby is in a position where it is pinching a nerve that will cause you to be very uncomfortable in the croch area.
hi try to google symphysis pubis ! i had this 3rd timester . x x x
I'm experiencing the same thing at 30 weeks.  It started a week or so ago. I'm more than certain that it's our body/pelvic area opening up in preperation for baby.  When I walk fast, I feel the ache.  Yesterday I went shopping and had to walk up stairs, well needless to say, I felt every step.
It's not contractions, (not that I've had them before) it's just our joints loosening up for baby to make way. :-) The joys of pregnancy huh? lol
Marra: Thanks for that info, i looked it up and learned alot.  I had no idea that it could be that big of a problem.  Although it says to not get a epi, I don't know about that this is my first, but I think that is something that I really want. lol  I did fall off my horse in fall of 05 and i have a bad knee that I had surgery on Summer 06.  So to be unaligned would not surprise me. I have never been to a chiropractor in my whole life, and I am 25, so maybe I need to try that option first.

Everyone:Thanks guys for the info, it's nice to know your not alone, but sad to find out that it could possibly be a big problem.
check out this website I found from the good search I learned a lot about the pain, and what it is, and how to deal with it.

http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm

Good luck to those about to give birth maybe report if you have any problems before during or after labor due to this pain.  Amy