Maternal & Child Community
34.5 weeks mucous question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

34.5 weeks mucous question

Okay, for those who dont know my story, I am 34.5 weeks and have been having contractions for about 2 months now.  Couple of weeks ago I started with the snotted discharge.  Past week my contractions have been as close as 2 minutes apart (aggrivating but still not in labor) Well for the past 2 days or so I have been having the snotty, stringy, mucous but it is almost a green color.  Is this normal?  I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and will ask him but I know his answer will be yes because my head could spontaniously combust and he would say it is a normal part of pregnancy.
I asked my doctor about it she said yes it was normal, they will check you and make sure. I'm also 34 weeks. She said it was because I was thinning and dialated a little bit.
thanks amber.  I went in to the hospital last Thursday (before the "green mucous") and I wasnt dialated yet but he said he could feel the babys head down VERY LOW!  So I just might get to meet my little guy soon.  I sure hope so anyway.  It has been a very long pregnancy.
I agree, I've been having complications for a while now.

I had been seen a few days prior to the greenish mucous not dilated, the day I went in it was literally like snot she said I was 1/2 cm and thin; and the babies head was low so it was enough to cause the discharge. Good luck to you!