Maternal & Child Community
35 weeks pregnant and bloody discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

35 weeks pregnant and bloody discharge

I am 35 weeks pregnant and have been 2 centimeters dilated and 70% effaced for about a weeks.  I am in constant pain.  I have also had bloody discharge for about a week.  How long after this do you usually go until you deliver?

Nancy
Did you call your doctor?  I was told that anytime you see bloody discharge this late in pregnancy you should call your OB...
yes and 35 weeks is preterm, you should probably be in hospital.
when I had bloody discharge I went into labor a day and a half labor so I would defintely call your doctor because it could mean you will go into labor.... and since your above 37 weeks they may want to post pone labor right now!!
i wouldnt worry, but tell your doc! i had the same thing and she told me i was slowly losing my mucas plug....that was 3 weeks before i delievered! good luck!