Maternal & Child Community
36 weeks 4 days pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

36 weeks 4 days pregnant

This is my first child and really I do not know what to expect when it comes time to determining if labor is around the corner. I have read a lot out of the what to expect when expecting but I wanted to get other options. When I went for my 35 week check up I was dilated to a 1 and was think doctors told me feels like might start thinning soon and that I lost my mucus plug. This past weekend I been noticing increase discharge sorta gobbler (gross) could that be me thinning more or that is that? Also been feeling like I could start my period and bad lower back ache. I am not sure if this is just being pregnant pains or if it’s a sign labor is progressing. Any ideas. I also heard you will feel more tired but I been feeling like I have this new burst of energy and rearranged the babies room probably 20 times now lol.
Hi. I had my 1st child about 9 months ago. I had a plan for everything from labor to what outfit my daughter was going to wear. When you go into labor, you will definitely know. It's like having menstrual cramps only a million times worse. Not to frighten you okay. Just the plain truth. Sometimes things you plan don't go as planned so you kinda just have to be prepared for anything and everything during labor. Just get plenty of rest. Lots and lots of sleep. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask me okay.
I have 3 girls. My youngest is 8 months. My first baby was born right on her due date and the other 2 were born after theirs. The first time around was hectic. The father, we were engaged, was going to college and working all the time. I didn't know what to expect either. I lost my mucus plug a little bit before he came home from work. My water broke after he had been home for all of 10 minutes or so. It wasn't a gush like in the movies... it was more of a trickle. I walked up to him and told him I thought my water broke. We went to the hospital and they tested the fluid and it was confirmed that it was my water. I wasn't in any pain at that time. I think it was after 11pm and my daughter was born 11:57am. I did have an epidural. It didn't take that much pushing for me though. My 2nd was the same way. She was born 11:59am. I was already scheduled for induction but my water broke late in the night. And I went in to be induced for #3 about 10pm, started pitocin at 4am and took it out at 8. Doctor broke my water about 8:30 and baby was born at 8:32am. Turned out the cord had wrapped around her body and was compressing her so she couldn't breathe, lowered her heartrate. So I had to push without contractions, without epidural. I almost needed an emergency c-section. It was choas in that room for like 3 minutes. She was my biggest baby, 9lb 15oz. I think if I hadn't been induced she would of been born within 48 hrs because I just felt like the time was coming. Some people would rather have c-sections than have a vaginal birth but after experiencing it I wouldn't ever want a c-section. The last time, without the epidural, actually didn't even hurt as much as I thought it would. I guess it could be because I had already had 2 babies. But it inspired me to go without epidural next time if we decided to have another one.
It's different for every child.  Many women get lots of energy right before and start to "nest".  With my first pregnancy it just came on.  I was 3 cm  diolated for weeks (over a month) before I delivered.  I was 2 weeks late, and went into labor after having my membranes stripped.  For me things were normal, then all the sudden I just started having regular contractions.

With my second pregnancy I've been having BH contractions since I was 25 weeks, at 31 weeks I'm having 1-2 an hour.  My back has started hurting more with the more BH contractions, etc.

I agree, even when you have regular contractions try to get as much sleep as you can!  With my first I went into labor at 5pm, and didn't sleep at all that night, and ended up having my son at 6:44 pm, more than 24 hours of labor with no sleep, it was really hard!

Also, with how far you are diolated and thinned will not help you figure out when you'll go into labor.  Some women will be 5cm diolated and 100% for a week or two before going into labor and others will go into labor before being diolated or thinned at all.